Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Force Unleashed 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I watched that 2nd trailer yesterday, and its brilliant. Looking forward to this. 1st one wasnt anything amazing, but even a half decent star wars game is a good thing. although i dont like the idea of collecting energy from the dead enemies to power special moves, ala Onimusha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Has Vader no confidence in the skills of Apprentice he himself trained? Leaving Starkiller alone to be executed by 5 Storm Troopers?

That said...
    I thought Starkiller was killed at the end of The Force Unleashed so is this chap a clone? Like those other test tube chaps at the end of the trailer?

And I agree with Mr. K it does seem an unnecessary sequel. I had thought about it before and the only way I previously imaged a sequel was if was an extension of the dlc taking place in an alternate time-line. That would have been cool.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

If they improve the bosses, and don't even reference star destroyers (grr!!!), there is definitely the potential for a good game. The first was a good engine and some good ideas damaged by poor design.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Loved the last one, then again it could some guy digging ditches with a lightsaber and i'd be happy. Actually got both versions of the games. The game needed more jedi\sith fights apart from the bosses. Looks like thats sorted with the clones. The characters likeness to the guy that plays him still freaks me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I thought Starkiller was killed at the end of The Force Unleashed so is this chap a clone? Like those other test tube chaps at the end of the trailer?

You're on the money,
    the Starkiller in 2 is a clone
    . It was the only option really!

Slightly OT, but look at Kinect's SW game: http://kotaku.com/5562639/get-a-look-at-kinects-star-wars-game

Not very substantial, but it's the first Kinect title to make me go "Oooh!". Lightsabers make me silly...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Crunkussion

Wow the Kinect even knows what the guys gonna do before he even does it! :pac:

Wow the Kinect even knows what the guys gonna do before he even does it! :pac:

It's using the Force!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

they have got to fix that damn camera

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

i think i'd rather something in my hand. That said it'd be awesome if it works! Maybe left hand 'force' and right hand lightsabre? (or vice versa obviously)

Does Sony's move controller have a speaker like the wiimote?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Sorry to Zombify but I was playing the demo of this the other day.

Definite improvement on the first game. The targeting system with regards to throwing objects is so much better. The combos nicely incorporate your force powers, but could be slightly better. I love Mind Trick!! It's brilliant fun getting the storm troopers to jump off ledges or start shooting their mates!

Think I might just pick this game up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

The escape near the start of the demo absolutely rocked!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah demo looked better than the first and definitely played better - Starkiller felt truly powerful. Taking on generic stormtroopers in a variety of excessive ways still has appeal. Alas, the first played well in short bursts too, so still approaching this with caution! Still, fun demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I thought the graphics and controls were an improvement over the first game. I'd also like to see where they take the story. However, I only played through the first game last week so it is too soon to start the sequel. I'll probably pick it up in 2011 sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Gave the demo a quick run through there last night. I enjoyed it. I did really like the first game even through it's faults though so It was a given that I'd like this one.

I found the locking onto boxes to throw at people was very finicky but the inclusion of Mind trick as a power was great. Ultimately seems very similar to the original though I did like that falling section at the start of the demo. Felt suitably epic. A few excellent setpieces like that and we'd have a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Gave the demo a go yesterday, really loved the "falling" section. Great sense of speed, very immersive.

+1 on the finicky force lift controls, especially when trying to catch a tie fighter.

Overall I really loved the feeling of being a powerful Jedi, awkward controls aside, I was pulling tie fighters from the sky! Oh so cool!

Will be keeping an eye out for this in future.

As long as they've learnt from the short comings of the first one, this will be a vastly superior game. Based on the demo, the graphics and gameplay seemed much smoother.

I'm just curious as to how they can come to any satisfactory conclusion for Starkiller. They'll hardly
    kill off the clone
    ? Especially since they're talking about TFU3 already? Maybe he'll go off to wherever Revan is!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Mr. K wrote: »
    The awesome one (wear a hat, so you don't make a mess when your mind is blown!): http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-the-force/101182

That was pretty cool, but as has been mentioned...did Vader really think four storm troopers were going to be able to kill him? That was some really stupid storytelling. And if he was powerful enough to lift and crush that walker tank at the end, why not just do it at the start instead of jumping on top of it and stabbing it a bunch of times?

Let's face it, the clone has style. :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Mr. K wrote: »
    I'm just curious as to how they can come to any satisfactory conclusion for Starkiller. They'll hardly
    kill off the clone
    ? Especially since they're talking about TFU3 already? Maybe he'll go off to wherever Revan is!

Apparently, the 3rd one has already been cancelled. So i hope they have a proper conclusion to this.

http://kotaku.com/5614577/rumor-lucasarts-cancels-force-unleashed-3-begins-culling-developers

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Some very bad reviews coming in for this. I can't say I'm surprised after how awful the first game was, still can't believe some people liked it.

• Advertisement

What are the general gripes? This is unfortunate.....I'll still rent it and judge it myself but I had high hopes for this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pretty much that it fixes nothing that was wrong with the first game and with Vanquish, Castlevania, Enslaved, GoW3 and Bayonetta out there it's pretty much a pointless release considering how much better those games are.

Thats odd....I felt the demo had vastly improved on the previous flaws. Maybe it's just me. Or maybe they were so bad in the first that any improvement is noticable, if still bad.

Or maybe I'm just a sad sad Star Wars fan that needs his fix... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

yea I'm disappointed by the bad reviews on this one. I thought the demo was good but then I did manage to look past the flaws of the original and enjoy it for what it was.

The review I saw said that towards the end of the game you travel back through alot of the earlier levels making it a slog.

With so many other games out there now that are getting excellent reviews I think this will be relegated to when it's in the bargain bins.

Or maybe I'm just a sad sad Star Wars fan that needs his fix... :(

I know that statement applies to me...but Clone Wars is still awesome!

I'm still going to get TFU2, I really hope the story is better than the reviews are suggesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

i played the first one and thought it was terrible
    Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast and Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy were much better games and they are from 2002

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

loved those games back in the day.

Me too. Despite the unbelievably bad script and voice acting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Reviews these days mean nothing.

Final fantasy got terrific reviews and in my opinion it was the worst game I've ever played.

I'll get it myself and make my own judgements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Why can't they make another Knights of the Old Republic game?, Stars Wars game at its best imo

Advertisement