Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I'm thinking i need a hero? and a new phone

Options
  • 13-06-2010 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭

yes so i need a hero,

a htc hero...

i'm gonna sign up on meteor's 35€ a month 12 month contract, phone will cost me 45€.

is this the phone for me or is there something better in this price range,

couldn't be bothered with an iphone 3gs and want something running android.

is android everything its cracked up to be, does android and apps already push the hero's processor to the limit.

Games... do they run very slowly?

Many questions, not a lot of time,

going to meteor 2moro to pick something up, if any one can recommend a better deal/phone on any network all recommendations would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

Go for the desire if you can afford it, completely worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

but what will i be missing out on,

i won't be using this for gaming.

more for the handy apps, i am not liking the fact that there's no flash on the hero for the camera.

is the hero quite slow at multitasking?

what impact will the android 2.1 update have on it. make it super class?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

The Hero & Desire are worlds apart
    Check out the comparison here

Couple of quick notes
    Desire......... Processor is twice the speed, RAM is twice the amount, resolution is 480x800 WVGA compared to 320x480 HVGA, 16million colours compared to 65k, AMOLED screen compared to TFT, has camera flash, trackpad vs rollerball, inbuilt FM radio and runs Android 2.1

For about €50 of a difference, you'll have a phone that is way beyond the spec of the Hero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭dmck

I have a hero, good phone but you would need to be mental to go for it over the desire.

signed up for a desire, all i got to do now is play the waiting game.

• Advertisement

Good stuff
    You won't regret it

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

I signed up this evening all but I have to wait over 2 weeks; whats this all about? Is this phone worth the wait??

I'm with meteor. I was a bit pi..ssed off that I couldn't get the i-phone but I wanted to stay with meteor. This phone seems the next best thing..

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Lawstud

I was the same as you.I was planning on getting the iphone4 but after much research I decided to go with the desire with meteor. Just got it this evenin and its unreal. Makes the iPhone look like a joke.

The only advantage of the iphone4 as I see it is the retina display otherwise it is just the same. My girlfriend has one and its just boring. Row after row of boxes... the UI looks like a bad game of tetris. The desire has so much more depth to it yet its user friendly.

The web browsing experience is lightening fast. At least over WiFi. Anyway.I would defo recommended the desire.its the business. I am writing all of this on my desire.

Lawstud wrote: »
    I was the same as you.I was planning on getting the iphone4 but after much research I decided to go with the desire with meteor. Just got it this evenin and its unreal. Makes the iPhone look like a joke.

The only advantage of the iphone4 as I see it is the retina display otherwise it is just the same. My girlfriend has one and its just boring. Row after row of boxes... the UI looks like a bad game of tetris. The desire has so much more depth to it yet its user friendly.

The web browsing experience is lightening fast. At least over WiFi. Anyway.I would defo recommended the desire.its the business. I am writing all of this on my desire.

Thats good to hear! Thanks a million man.

By the way, I just rang my meteor shop in my local town and they have one in stock so I'm collecting it tomorrow :) All meteor shops in Dublin seem to be sold of 'HTC Desires' out at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Murilloinf

Desire is something else out there, you guys never gonna regret the move. believe me, i've been there

• Advertisement

i got mine thurs last, just go into meteor and sign up with a bill pay plan,

since the phone isn't in stock they say they'll give you 20€ off the price,

this along with the 30€ a month sub and matching their retail price to the online price; so i got the phone for 149.99

never been happier.

I just hope somebody develops good games for the android platform.

But for now i'm happy with the gearboid emulator and earthworm jim 1 + 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm in the market for a new phone myself. Was looking at the HTC phones. Could someone tell me what the difference between the 'Desire' and the 'Legend' is.

power + speed, plus led flash for camera (i think)

plus i'm sure a whole host of things, i'm sure there's already a thread about the differences.

Mainly the processor as its 1GHz on Desire and 600Mhz on Legend. Also RAM is 576 on Desire, 384 on Legend and finally the display.... Desire is 480x800 and Legend is 320x480. Both have 5 MP cam with autofocus and flash

I got the desire today. I'm loving it :)

Advertisement