Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Furminator

Options
  • 13-06-2010 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭

I recently bought one of these in large for €10 on ebay, I am amazed how brilliant they are and also how fcuking dear they are in the local pet shops €47, complete rip off merchants.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Yep, i totally agree, i bought mine on ebay for 17 euro all in and they are looking around 40-50 in the shops etc.
    They are a great comb, highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

They are no good on long coats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

I've got one (also off ebay) and have found it brilliant on both my jack russel and my springer spaniel. It is incredible the amount I get off them. Brillliant invention :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

I've got one (also off ebay) and have found it brilliant on both my jack russel and my springer spaniel. It is incredible the amount I get off them. Brillliant invention :D
    what does this furminator look like
    i have jack russel and hoping to get something to curb the hair on beds and sofa, i use one of those gloves with the rubber nodules on palm to eliminate fur, looking for something tried and tested

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Absolutely useless on my Otterhounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

They're brilliant on short haired cats with a thick coat, strips out all the loose undercoat. Also the lack of 'spikiness' on the comb seems to mean cats who don't like being brushed with wire combs or bristle combs will take happily to the furminator.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

we paid 47e for ours, and i said thats the last thing i will ever buy in an irish pet shop unless i couldnt live without it for a few days.

I couldn't believe it when i checked out the prices on ebay and the net, when i would normally buy everything off there. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

goat2 wrote: »
    what does this furminator look like
    i have jack russel and hoping to get something to curb the hair on beds and sofa, i use one of those gloves with the rubber nodules on palm to eliminate fur, looking for something tried and tested

They are a bit like a comb with a handle :) i had one of those gloves for Jazz (my jack russel) but found it hardly took anything off her. The furminator works brilliantly though, cuts down the hoovering a huge amount, which is always good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭CreedonsDogDayc

Just a bit of info, I was going to stock furmanators in my doggie daycare but they cost a bomb from suppliers, so dont the pet shops arent totally at fault!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 SophiaF

they are brilliant for dogs and cats with thick undercoats, or short hair. I have one for my german shepherd and it is amasing. Also great for smooth hairs dogs like jack russells and dalmations. Brilliant for rotties, dobermans, labs retrieves, etc.
    they are expensive, but they are far the best thing on the market for certain types of dog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭neelyohara

I love them! They really do the job... unfortunately when I'm finished I'm normally covered in a light coating of fur!

@Morganna I'm not sure what breed you have but it works a treat on my Pomeranian X

... Forgot to add that I bought mine from ebay, €10 and yep, I've seen them in pet shops for five times that price! Best pet buy in a long time!

i will be looking up ebay this week for one, as i do so badly need one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

got one over the weekend total rip off in the shops paid 47 for the large one , will teach me to shop around for pet stuff from now on :o

Works great though my collie x is loving it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

I love mine, one of those pieces of kit that you wonder what you did without it. I got mine online though for €20 including postage and packing.

got one over the weekend total rip off in the shops paid 47 for the large one , will teach me to shop around for pet stuff from now on :o

Works great though my collie x is loving it
    i bought one on ebay for 12 euro
    delighted with the job it can do
    what you paid was crazy, what a difference in prices

Advertisement