Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inept invigilators effecting your results?

• 13-06-2010 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭

not sittng the LC myself (did mine over a decade ago), but it seems that there are alot of invigilators who shouldn't be supervising any exam of any sort

looking through some of the threads I've heard some of the following said about invigilators:

starting late but finishing on time, ie not giving the person the 3 hours or whatever it is
    making people wait ages before letting them go to the toilets
    distractions including: super-squeaky shoes, eating crisps, phones going off in exams
    not focussing on their job, nodding off, tweeting, looking at photos on a camera, etc

I really feel sorry for students whose grades are being effected in part by this sort of pure incompetence

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

Affect

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

not sittng the LC myself (did mine over a decade ago), but it seems that there are alot of invigilators who shouldn't be supervising any exam of any sort

looking through some of the threads I've heard some of the following said about invigilators:

starting late but finishing on time, ie not giving the person the 3 hours or whatever it is
    making people wait ages before letting them go to the toilets
    distractions including: super-squeaky shoes, eating crisps, phones going off in exams
    not focussing on their job, nodding off, tweeting, looking at photos on a camera, etc

I really feel sorry for students whose grades are being effected in part by this sort of pure incompetence

Agreed. It really does sucks.

Correcting spelling errors is low... Really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Mine are grand! Couldn't have a complaint about them.

Advertisement