Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildflower identification..

Options
  • 13-06-2010 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Can anyone identify this? I planted a wildflower garden and loads of these came up, but I can't find it on the website's species list. It looked like a thistle before all the small flowers appeared.
    Wildflower.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Its very pretty. Check up phacelia tanacetifolia and see if you agree it is much the same. I have not seen it in Ireland but it seemed familiar from seeing it in Vermont in the States, and I found it on a website of wildflowers of Vermont. There is a better pic here though http://theseedsite.co.uk/profile410.html

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Anduril

Thanks looksee. If that's not it, then it's practically identical. I was hoping it was a perennial, but the site you posted might help me to gather some seed.
    I appreciate the help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

I just know it as Phacelia. Fantastic for bees and other insects.
    It is an annual. I grow it as green manure

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Anduril

Yeah, the bees go mad for it alright. And,as green manure, it's probably nicer to look at (and smell..) than a field covered in fresh slurry. I must mention it to the farmer next door...

Advertisement