Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fencing on top of Wall

• 13-06-2010 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

I've got a 6 foot wall at the back of my Garden (backs onto train line).
    Looking to put up some fencing/mesh to stop balls going over the wall.

Would have to be able to block a basketball which is quite heavy.
    Probably need another 6 foot on top of wall.
    Anyone had a similar job?
    Don't know if fencing or some sort of wire mesh
    would be best?

thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

I've seen GAA pitches that have quite high (40ft ish?) poles with netting between them to stop balls going over, perhaps you could do something similar with poles bolted into the wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭kitser

depending on where you live, you could have to get permission. i've seen one that had wooden posts braced to the wall (12'), and he used decking timber across the whole thing from top to bottom. they added some flowers in hanging baskets to break it up. Looked great. can't remember where it was. the horizontals were spaced about 6-8 inches apart so it didn't block out all the light, and kept the cost down and the vertical posts were every 3 foot approx.

Advertisement