Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good secondary schools?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

recedite wrote: »
    But I have found that when there is a waiting list they are free to apply the religious discrimination that is always there written into the admissions policy. So that leaves us with St Davids and CCA Kilcoole. (Schools whose main admissions requirement is a large wad of money are also ruled out). I have heard the Principal in CCA is very good, and also the facilities are state of the art? The only reservation there is that I hear some of the locals can be a bit on the "rough" side.

Get off your horse, it's a Catholic School founded by Catholics, so Catholics may get preference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Huntthe wrote: »
    Get off your horse, it's a Catholic School founded by Catholics, so Catholics may get preference.
    ...funded by the taxpayer;)

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

recedite wrote: »
    ...funded by the taxpayer;)

The" rough " local taxpayer you mentioned earlier I presume.:mad:

87% of the tax payers state their religion as Catholic. Pres Bray was founded and is still controlled by the Presentation Brothers. It's a bit like accusing a running Club of discriminating against Swimmers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Guys the Catholic Vs Protestant debate is for the religion forum although id imagine they would prob stop it too.

Lets bring the thread back to its OP please.

• Advertisement

Just for the record our discussion has nothing to do with Catholic against Protestant.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭julie2tubz

Secondary school in Ireland now, anywhere you go, is not centred around catholicism. The students learn about world religions in religion class (which is only a few hours a week). There nothing to worry about that in any of the schools around. That would be the least of your worries. Even if the may be run (or have some holy name) by christian faith people etc that will not come into your childrens education. Just pick a school by its reputation on how the kids are treated and taught. It would be more on your line. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭zanador

The Educate Together second level campaign has just restarted in Greystones. You can visit the primary school's website for info and to get on their mailing list

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

Thanks for that.

Here's the link to save searching:

http://www.greystoneset.ie/2nd-level-campaign/

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭wicklowgal

The Principal and Vice Principal in CCA are both fantastic. Ring them up and find out when their Open Night/Day is in September. I'm sure they'd be more than happy to accommodate you. As in all VEC/Community/Denominational public schools, there are a few 'rough' locals but I think a good mixture of pupils in a school allows the pupils to become more open-minded and accepting. That's just my opinion though!

• Advertisement
Advertisement