Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Limerick League Session 1

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

So what did ye think of the set up lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Nice setup, but way too small to ever have a proper tournament in.

Working air-con is always a plus though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    So what did ye think of the set up lads?

Really nice but you're going to have size problems really really quick if things take off.

Which is a pity as it's obviously a "by gamers for gamers" thing.

Also, kicking the **** out of people listening to jazz but not playing MvC? Too good to be true.

Yeah, it's pretty small, but it suits us perfectly. And it's so comfy! Sorry again I couldn't be there.

Sorry again I couldn't be there.

Sorry again I couldn't be there, Mr Reigning Undefeated Munster champion sir.

:P

• Advertisement

Sure our 9:1 session proves I wouldn't have faired well against yourself anyway. Reigning runner-up will do me fine!

Sure our 9:1 session proves I wouldn't have faired well against yourself anyway. Reigning runner-up will do me fine!

I wouldn't be so sure you'd even have gotten that, young Orim was playing like a man possessed and took me to to the wire. Fncking Chun players :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Second video is up now. I'm putting them up out of order but there's only 4 of them and there were no finals so should be ok. Should have the final 2 up today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Wow, delighted that the only two videos directly uploaded to this thread are of me getting my head kicked in! :p

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Wow, delighted that the only two videos directly uploaded to this thread are of me getting my head kicked in! :p

Lol next up is DooM handing me my ass on a platter! There's only 4 in total on my camera, the last is chopper and DooM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

FutureGuy wrote: »

Second video is up now. I'm putting them up out of order but there's only 4 of them and there were no finals so should be ok. Should have the final 2 up today.

Oh man that was tight! Great use of the FADC into ultra and also to cancel the shoryu and then follow up with a throw! Looking very good Tony!

I'd like to consider myself on par with Sabre... I've gotta fix my router so we can play again!!

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Lol next up is DooM handing me my ass on a platter! There's only 4 in total on my camera, the last is chopper and DooM.

Must have messed up the other 2 :(

Must have messed up the other 2 :(

I'll double check tonight, maybe I missed something.

I'd like to consider myself on par with Sabre... I've gotta fix my router so we can play again!!

Yeah definately! I'm having problems connecting to a few people that I had no problems with before so it may be a problem on my end.

Oh man that was tight! Great use of the FADC into ultra and also to cancel the shoryu and then follow up with a throw! Looking very good Tony!

I hear you were looking forward to trading air throws with me :)

I hear you were looking forward to trading air throws with me :)

Indeed! Question for you... do all characters get the same priority with air throws? I'm convinced that Guile and Vega are better?! Sick of missing these things. Haven't had a 'free' Saturday in 5/6 weeks. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Indeed! Question for you... do all characters get the same priority with air throws? I'm convinced that Guile and Vega are better?! Sick of missing these things. Haven't had a 'free' Saturday in 5/6 weeks. :(

All air throws are the same, but some characters have better jumps, so their air throws are more effective.

The only superior air throw is Guy's command air throw.

All air throws are the same, but some characters have better jumps, so their air throws are more effective.

Thanks man! Good to know! Guile obviously wins as he has 2 air throws though ;)

What he said.

Guile and Vega have 36 frame jumps, makes them more dangerous than Chunners for example. Makes it nice and easy to hop up "into" someone.

Also, Guile has that shag nasty boom pressure game which means people tend to jump at silly times more. It's not his air throw thats better, it's his zoning game. For em that puts him way beyond the others like cammy and fuerte.

I actually find Ibuki's air throw to be the most versatile in the game by a long stretch. I assume it's because she's a little quicker. I get away with throws with her that'd whiff with Guile all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Reigning runner-up will do me fine!

BanjoB might have something to say about that...:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

animaX wrote: »
    BanjoB might have something to say about that...:eek:

Well I am the reigning limerick tourney champion !! :p
    I'll have to try get to the next one down there so we can set the record straight :)

Have to say the points system Is cool. An eventual all Ireland final is a great idea too. Props to sabre for getting it goin.

Sisko wrote: »
    (as ibuki) I air grabed a ryu out of an air tatsu last night. Which I sure wrecked his head since the whole reason he kept air tatsuing around the stage was to avoid my air throws...

muahhahahahahaha

<_<

>_>

Wait a min this is the limerick thread

As a Limerick poster I officially move to have this thread renamed to "Super Limerick League Air Throw Thread".

Sisko, I've done the same with Chun ftr.

Advertisement