Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Community games in Athlone

• 13-06-2010 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi All

We are going to the community games finals in Athlone in august. Did any of you go last year and were there any camping facilities there apart from Hodson bay and Lough ree.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭clionaricho

We went to Hodson Bay campsite last year and it was closed there was no signs anywhere about it until we got to gate, maybe ring hotel and check if it is still open

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Hodson Bay campsite is closed, even though it is still signposted from Athlone.
    We went there the May and ended up staying in front of the hotel.
    We had also looked in on Lough Ree campsite but did not stay, the pitches were so close together you would have been able to reach out your window and touch the next one.
    Safe Nights Ireland have a location near to Hodson Bay, a pub carpark really but if you're not into wild camping....

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Des32

Thanks for your replies.

I went to the fleadh in Tullamore last year and they had set up a campsite for motorhomes for the duration of the fleadh in Tullamore town.
    I hope that there is something similar set up for the community games in Athlone.
    Any information would be appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭nyeb2007

Des32 wrote: »
    Thanks for your replies.

I went to the fleadh in Tullamore last year and they had set up a campsite for motorhomes for the duration of the fleadh in Tullamore town.
    I hope that there is something similar set up for the community games in Athlone.
    Any information would be appreciated

TBH, I wouldn't imagine there will be, all though with the Tri-Athlon championships on perhaps they will organise something.

Maybe try ringing the council.

Where are the games been held - if its in the AIT there is a pub up the road with a big car park that I am sure they wouldn't mind you using

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Des32

Thanks. The games are on in AIT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭connel42

Hodson Bay Carpark is a good spot and a lot of campers stay there during the summer - when u turn into the carpark and are facing the lake - u park down on the left hand side - should be fine and thre will always be other campers there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 jetgvc

We called into the Camp Site at Hodson Bay on Sunday (1 Aug 10) and it is open for business. We were only looking for some time in the future, but it is definitely open, and the Caretaker gave us a little tour and told us their rates, which are quite outrageous when you consider it is a small field, with basic toilet/shower facilities, no other facilities. €24 for two and unit plus extra €1 for shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 youlooksilly

where is the marathon being held for u 16

Advertisement