Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eyeshadow help!

• 13-06-2010 9:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

Hey all :)

Just hoping for some advice about what colour eyeshadow I should wear to my friends birthday tomorrow night. I'm wearing a blue dress - light blue being the all over colour, with various shades of blue through it, and a navy ribbon around the middle. I have green eyes...I normally just wear smoky black and grey eyeshadow on nights out, but would like something a bit different and more summery. I like quite strong eye make up, as I love my eyes :D Although having said that, I'm still working on my skill in this department so nothing too difficult! Thanks x

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

What about blue smokey eyes? Some maybe sky blue with some dark blue in the corners and the crease?

I have this gorgeous colour called felt blue by mac. It's a dark blue that would look lovely maybe teamed with a nice shimmery light blue?

What colour shoes are you wearing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭NeonCookies

Ooh that sounds lovely! Thanks for the suggestion :) I don't have a blue eyeshadow that shade, but I have time after work tomorrow and am looking for any excuse for some shopping! I'm wearing cream peep toe heels I think, only ones I have that will in any way go, as I don't think black would look well? And my silver heels are in bits :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I don't think black would go well either! It would clash with the navy! Cream sounds cute and it sounds right with the kind of summery theme you're after! :)

I'm always a bit weary of (dark) blue eye shadow as sometimes it can look ...tacky. I wore light blue with some dark blue smudged in the corners to my end of term ball and my eyes looked deadly! I got loads of compliments too! If I could pull it off you certainly can! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Orange contrasts with blue so something like bronze would go nicely. Bronze smokey perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

I think the smokey eye would look great once the lipstick isn't too
    dark, you want to draw attention to the eye.
    There are some good tips on this blog.

http://beaut.ie/blog/?tag=smoky-eyes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Because you have green eyes, shadows in opposite tones will make your eyes look great, so blues, bronzes, browns, etc. If you want to go with blue (frankly I think it'd be a bit much doing eyeshadow matching your dress), use a dark-ish blue and a cream color to do a copy of a smokey eye, using the cream color on the inside of your eye, because white or cream colors in the inside corner of your eyes will make them look bigger and brighter.

I'd personally recommend you use bronzes, golds or browns to do a copy of a smokey eye. When doing your shadow, always use the lightest color on the inside, medium on the outside and dark in the crease, and blend, blend, blend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Why don't you try a teal blue eyeshadow on the inside of your eyes and a chocolate brown for definition? Its a great combination, and is bright enough to be summery, but the brown makes it quite sexy and smokey looking. Revlon do a trio great pallete with teal, navy and a shimmery chocolate shadow. Doesn't crease and lasts for ages too! Stay away from colours that match exactly with your dress and accentuate your eyes in a shade that suits their colour, you'll still look groomed and put together, but far more "professionally" done!!

Advertisement