Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lip piercing

Options
  • 13-06-2010 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

I had my lip pierced and took it out about 3 or 4 years ago. I've been thinking about getting it done again. has anyone had their lip redone?mine closed up almost instantly inside but I still have a hole on the outside. would this make it easier second time round? can your lip be pierced with a ring or does it have to be a stud?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

There is no problem re-piercing a lip. If there is still a visible hole then healing time should be a little less than it was.The inside generally closes before the outside does. Any good piercer can pierce with a ring although due to the fact that a ring can move about more than a stud can, healing times are usually a little longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

I took my lip stud out and about 1.5 years later, got it re- done. The piercer actually just stretched it back open- VERY painful. The second time round, I got a ring put in, and like the above poster said, the healing time took longer and it was more awkward to eat/ drink/ talk etc. I just found it more painful for the first few weeks with the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

Very true. Most people don't realise that in most cases it is actually better to be pierced with a bar/ stud and to change over to a ring after healing. There is less movement with bars/ studs so less friction also when a ring moves in a piercing any contaminates on the jewellery are drawn into the piercing. Let us not forget that this is a fresh wound and should be treated in the same manner as any other wound. Ask yourself how you would treat a minor stab injury (yes I know comparing a piercing to being stabbed is a bit extreme, hence the word minor) and treat your piercing with the same respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

ah yeah i've no prob gettin the bar in if thats the best way to go an then changing to a ring i was just wondering can it be done with a ring. I never put a ring in mine last time round an i think thats the reason why i want it done again. Silly i know but i cant even remember why i took it out? i think i was going for an interview or something. wel i'm self employed now so il have nobody tel me what tattoos and piercings i can an cant have :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Solidarity

I had my lip pierced and took it out about 3 or 4 years ago. I've been thinking about getting it done again. has anyone had their lip redone?mine closed up almost instantly inside but I still have a hole on the outside. would this make it easier second time round? can your lip be pierced with a ring or does it have to be a stud?

I had one of my bites re pierced and needless to say, was far more dramatic then a fresh piercing due to scar tissue formation. It felt a lot tougher and a bit more painful I found, but nothing traumatic or anything.
    I don't know any piercer who'll pierce with a ring. It's far safer and a lot easier on the healing time if you get it done with a bar.

• Advertisement
Advertisement