Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how to get itvhd on silvercrest hdmi box

• 13-06-2010 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi all, I need help trying to get hd channels on hdmi box have sound from itvhd but no video. the settings are: frequency 10938 v 22000, video 8191: audio 641: pcr 513, hope someone can help Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,495 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

skava wrote: »
    Hi all, I need help trying to get hd channels on hdmi box have sound from itvhd but no video. the settings are: frequency 10938 v 22000, video 8191: audio 641: pcr 513, hope someone can help Thank you

Try one of these here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 skava

Thank you spear.
    tried what you advised but everytime I input the numbers it switches back to numbers in my first post

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,495 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Thank you spear.
    tried what you advised but everytime I input the numbers it switches back to numbers in my first post

No, I meant post your question in one of those forums that most matches your needs and you'll get a better answer.

Thanks again Spear.

sorry i misinderstood you i will do what you say

Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

should be 10936MHz, Vert, 22000

• Advertisement

Thank you for info did a scan as you advised didnt have any joy i can get sound on but no video

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Moved from Newbies...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Pocky

silvercrest HDMI or HD? HDMI is only a connector and NOT automatically a warrant that the box can handle High Definition signal!

What box is it?

Hi pocky

its the silvercrest sl 35 hdmi box, it says in manual that it can display hd signals

i am using silvercrest sat dish

Thanks for your interest be obliged for any help

as i said i can get sound from itv hd channel but no video

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Can it pick up BBC HD?

I'm pretty sure Pocky is right though double checking. This receiver probably only upscales SD content to "HD", but will not show native HD channels. Thus why you can't get HD video, only audio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,103 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Thank you for info did a scan as you advised didnt have any joy i can get sound on but no video

To view HD satellite channels, a receiver needs an MPEG4 decoder and I am pretty sure that receiver only has an MPEG2 decoder. I downloaded the manual for it and it doesn't mention what decoder it uses but there is clue that sort of gives it away:
    Video resolution 720 x 576 (Pal), 720 x 480 (NTSC)
    So no HD I am afraid.

Thank you cnoc bui for your assistance dont know much about this but in the tv settings on the box it gives other options as hdmi 480i, 576i, 480p, and 576p plus the ones you mentioned so i thought it might give me hd tv

Thanks again and any further thoughts would be kindly recieved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Pocky

All the formats you list are not HD (High Definition) formats. HD starts at 720.
    They talk about HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) which is just a interface standard like SCART.
    There are hardly an "cheap" FTA HD receivers out there ;)

Again thank you Pocky,

I understand a little more about the difference between hdmi and hdtv
    I will have to get a hd box

Advertisement