Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boring snooker players?

• 13-06-2010 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Snooker players have gone awful boring in my opinion...I don't despute that the top ranked players excellent on the table but I just don't find the players entertaining anymore. I'd love to see a new White, Higgins, Drago, Werbenuik etc...

what are your thoughts on this?

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

I couldn't agree more. Haven't watched snooker in a long, long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭fiestapower

Couldnt get bored watching a Tony Drago frame... Blink and you'd miss!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

This is the case in a few sports now. Yes, these are some of the finest players the sport has witnessed, but these days sportsmen are far more "Professional" for want of a better word, and that kills the entertainment side of things. You do usually get a bit of entertainment out of Ronnie, regardless of your opinion of him

Golf is the other prime example. Take a look at Tiger (on the course) vs Jack back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Andrew Flexing

True FortueChip...Tennis is the same. Federer and Nadal etc are the best players ever (but Sampras kicks their As*es!) but there is no craic in them at all...

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

boring snooker players (my opinion only)

james wattana
    stuart pettman
    andrew higginson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭DeBrugha

Steve Davis is known as ''interesting Steve'' because appearntley he is so interesting, a lot of them are boring these days but probably because they are playing for a lot of money and snooker is a game you need to concentrate on.

Ronnie O'Sullivian is entertaining but hes very rude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

DeBrugha wrote: »
    Steve Davis is known as ''interesting Steve'' because appearntley he is so interesting, a lot of them are boring these days but probably because they are playing for a lot of money and snooker is a game you need to concentrate on.

Ronnie O'Sullivian is entertaining but hes very rude.

He was called 'interesting' because he was so boring! A lot of other players were much more fun to watch - Hurricane higgins and Whirlwind white being the most obvious examples. Davis was given the nickname Interesting (by the Spitting Image satire programme i think) because he was so boring. He just turned up, played great snooker and won! Players interact less with the crowd these days and thats probably the main reason why they're seen as 'boring' but to be fair the skill level has moved on a lot and to win at the top you need 100% concentration on your game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

"The grinder" Cliff Thorburn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

dott and ebdon are the most boring players in the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Engelbert

No such thing as a boring snooker player, just strap yourself in for a wild ride IMO!

If you get bored while watching, just add your own sound effects!

• Advertisement
Advertisement