Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

E3 - Microsoft's Keynote

• 13-06-2010 10:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭

Microsoft's E3 keynote address is tomorrow. 1800 Irish time.

You can get a live stream from GameTrailers among other places.

So what's are people's hopes and predictions for tomorrow? Personally I'm looking forward to seeing the Fable III stuff, hoping for a Shadow Complex 2 announcement and hopefully a few pleasant surprises.

Maybe we should play an E3 drinking game. Every time Peter Molyneux says the word 'Dog' 'Choice' or 'Milo' we have to do a shot... actually scratch that, we'd be pissed in 2 minutes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bulktohulk

Hopefully we'll see RARE's new game tonight at the Natal conference. Hopefully it's actually decent, like the good ol' days.

We'll probably see xbox slim and xbox tv as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Fable 3 is the only thing i'm looking forward to from MS myself, loved Fable 2, there's no doubt in my mind 3 will be as good if not better.

In terms of a drinking game... Hmmm... Everything the MS speaker says "revolutionary" we must down a shot, but then again that could possibly get us drunk quicker than your original suggestion :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Looking forward to Fable III also and Infamous 2 for the PS3 if it's announced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

moz wrote: »
    and Infamous 2 for the PS3 if it's announced.

It already is

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/04/infamous-2-bolts-for-game-informer-cover/

Bulktohulk wrote: »
    Hopefully we'll see RARE's new game tonight at the Natal conference. Hopefully it's actually decent, like the good ol' days.

We'll probably see xbox slim and xbox tv as well.

Looks like I have right about the xbox slim.

http://www.glimpsedog.com/content/139-xbox-360-slim-leaked.html

• Advertisement

Bulktohulk wrote: »
    Looks like I have right about the xbox slim.

Just saw that there myself. It's a weird design, doesn't actually look that much slimmer going by the size of the DVD tray. Kinect is a clever enough name, will still have to see something damn impressive from it for it to tempt me tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

If they managed to fit the power brick in there too that would be impressive and possibly do something about the noise. I know you can over come that by installing but still. Here's hoping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

If they managed to fit the power brick in there too that would be impressive and possibly do something about the noise. I know you can over come that by installing but still. Here's hoping.
    Got myself a PS3 a few days ago and Im still getting over how quiet the thing is in comparison to the 360

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

im not denying the existence of a slim 360 and in fact id be slightly surprised if they don't announce one but that leaked image has to be fake, the state of the design, that's terrible.

edit: here's more info http://kotaku.com/5562387/new-xbox-360-coming-project-natal-gets-renamed

natal to be called kinect, new slim to have built in wi-fi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

That 360 is so ugly and natal called kinect? HAHA

double fail in my opinion.

built in wifi & 250GB HDD not bad though

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Microsoft's E3 keynote address is tomorrow. 1830 Irish time.

The press conference starts at 1800 Irish time according to the gamespot live count down. Just under 16 hrs now.

The press conference starts at 1800 Irish time according to the gamespot live count down. Just under 16 hrs now.

Oops, sorry about, will change it there now.

A list of most of the Kinect's games there appeared and was pulled by USA Today there earlier. Very, very 'meh' sounding to me. I'm very underwhelmed by it anyway. Add in a waggly controller and it just sounds like a bunch of Wii shovelware.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/13/kinect-library-for-xbox-360-revealed-by-usa-today/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Oops, sorry about, will change it there now.

A list of most of the Kinect's games there appeared and was pulled by USA Today there earlier. Very, very 'meh' sounding to me. I'm very underwhelmed by it anyway. Add in a waggly controller and it just sounds like a bunch of Wii shovelware.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/13/kinect-library-for-xbox-360-revealed-by-usa-today/

I have been led to believe that they will have games for everyone including hardcore gamers so i would be disappointed with that list of party games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I really have no enthusiasm for this year's E3 outside of new possible handhelds being unveiled. Everything else is just going to be Sony and Microsoft ripping off the Wii, which seems to be a dead end as far and non-casual games are concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

"a new slimmed down version of a slim xbox 360."

eh.. so whats the slim xbox 360 then???

Bet it still doesn't have built-in wifi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,219 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Bet it still doesn't have built-in wifi.
    Why? The ad says it does.

1401830-newxbox360_super.jpg

Nice. Ok.....I bet it doesn't print money.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

In 25 years of gaming, that has to be the ugliest console I have ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I'd be amazed if that is really the actual xbox slim. Surely some photoshoppers mock up. It is F ugly!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

FutureGuy wrote: »
    In 25 years of gaming, that has to be the ugliest console I have ever seen.

Looks alright imo, a hell of a lot nicer than the original xbox anyway!!!
    However I'll only believe it when MS confirm it tbh

I'd be amazed if that is really the actual xbox slim. Surely some photoshoppers mock up. It is F ugly!!!

It's real.
    Korvanica wrote: »
    eh.. so whats the slim xbox 360 then???

Hehe cheers. Looks like it was a case of typing before thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Tis fair fugly. And why black, when the original xbox 360 is white? I don't like it, and will be sticking with old noisy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Hopefully. I've wanted them to release a 'slim' for a while to distance the image of the console from the old hardware associated with high fail rates, but this just looks like they took a hammer to an elite.

Looks very awkward and not much smaller.

I do like the name kinect tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

So far Kinect looks like a complete Über Fail:

http://kotaku.com/5562557/see-kinects-games-in-action-courtesy-of-fake-families

Seriously, that looks like awful stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,219 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

not much smaller.
    It's hard to gauge from the pictures as there's no point of reference (like a controller). You could perhaps judge by the size of the disc drive, but it's still not 100% certain.

xboxy.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,691 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

gloobag wrote: »
    So far Kinect looks like a complete Über Fail:

http://kotaku.com/5562557/see-kinects-games-in-action-courtesy-of-fake-families

Seriously, that looks like awful stuff.

Pretty painful stuff. In trying to make it look more "fun!" they make it look considerably less appealing.

Also, the Sports games are fairly shameless rip-offs of Wii Sports. Lightsaber game please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Saw a comment on kotaku that sums up what i think of Natal (I called it that for a year or more, i'm not changing now) perfectly. "This looks like a slightly improved PSeye".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Just saw the gameplay for Dance Central...

Dance Central + Sponsor Glee = $$$$

It is gonna be mainly shovelware though, but people don't need to buy that. There's still the support for the hardcore gamer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

I'm after having a longer look at those pics, and I don't think this slim model is that much smaller, or slimmer. The 360 is already fairly slim as it is, slimmer and smaller than a ps3. It's just the top section that's slimmer.

I'm normally in favour of function over form, but not when it looks that bad. But it is sorta Begrudgingly growing on me.

No before this turns into just a thread on the new console, I'm looking forward to seeing what games are being announced for it.
    Will the keynote speech be on live by tonight?

Advertisement