Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

E3 - Microsoft's Keynote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

http://www.gametrailers.com/e3/livefeed/microsoft have more footage of black ops and a hands on with the new xbox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

The Major has pics of the new slim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Anyone know the trade in value on a 120 GB elite?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

NotorietyH wrote: »
    I think Sony may destroy them with their conference tomorrow. They've already announced more games in the last two weeks than Microsoft did in their entire conference. Unless it just becomes the Move show and we get to see more flailing around on stage.
    I dont think it will.They got a lot of that out at the announcement for the move a few months ago.I think it'll be a lot more of the PSN+ thingy or whatever itll be called. Shouldnt be hard to beat that conference though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

rizzla wrote: »
    MS know how to keep a secret. How soon before the Slim PS3 was announced did we see those manufacturing photos?

We saw the slim motherboard over a month ago and it's been rumoured for nearly a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I dont think it will.They got a lot of that out at the announcement for the move a few months ago.I think it'll be a lot more of the PSN+ thingy or whatever itll be called. Shouldnt be hard to beat that conference though

I think Jack Tretton could get on stage, soil himself, then masturbate in his own feces while spitting on the audience and it would beat that conference, because in a way I feel like I've just be subjected to that by Microsoft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Anyone know the trade in value on a 120 GB elite?

Probably wanna get to a shop fast before they cop on a new one is coming out. Haven't got a clue in answer to your question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I think Jack Tretton could get on stage, soil himself, then masturbate in his own feces while spitting on the audience and it would beat that conference, because in a way I feel like I've just be subjected to that by Microsoft.
    Thatd be awesome :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

wonder how much ill get for a resi 360

btw folks are the irish retailers getting it this week ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

No big announcements atal :( The new xbox was leaked this morn so knew that was coming, conference sucked big time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

jester77 wrote: »
    The Major has pics of the new slim

ooooohhhh Optical out!

SOLD!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

You should do event planning.

"For those of you at the Microsoft event yesterday, here's a reminder..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

It might just be that I wasn't expecting anything from this, but I thought it was really good. I'm starting to think some of you guys expect magical leaps in gaming. I mean seriously, it's the first wave of games from this new control system, there is a new xbox with built in wireless and hard drive... I'm happy... I think people just want to complain :rolleyes:

rizzla wrote: »
    Probably wanna get to a shop fast before they cop on a new one is coming out. Haven't got a clue in answer to your question.

Yeah, pity gamestop is closed now! Will try in the morning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Looking at the connections at the back, it looks like the power brick PSU is now internal.:) Where is the hard drive though, is that in a slot like the PS3 now? Looks that way.

No visible attachment for the WiFi Addon, so its probably is built in.

Where does the HDD go? still on the side?

Looking at the connections at the back, it looks like the power brick PSU is now internal.:) Where is the hard drive though, is that in a slot like the PS3 now? Looks that way.

Good spot Captain!

No power brick, thank fup!

Ya, wondering about the HDD too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

CKWPORT wrote: »
    No visible attachment for the WiFi Addon, so it probably is built in.

Where does the HDD go? still on the side?

It slots in the back, it's nothing like the one we have for the current Xbox's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Looking at the connections at the back, it looks like the power brick PSU is now internal.:)

Which will heat the inside up (or need a big jet engine to cool it).
    We all know what happens to hot xboxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭mrm

Wow Microsoft really need to pull something out of the bag to save this Conference. It's been piss-poor so far.

Actually I think Microgonesoft need to put something back in the bag and leave it there. This is a really poor presentation of this new step back in gaming. It seems any movement faster than that of an octogenerian doing Tai chi on a sedative will cause a malfunction on the screen. Very pedestrian.

I thought the water rush idea with the camera was ok. Some people might have fum with various photograph superimposed onto the game environment. But no....just a picture of two women jumping with the studio as the backdrop. Poor design concept and poor execution.

The presentation of anything gaming should not be boring or uninspiring.

• Advertisement

AceyBongo's tweeted

"And no official Euro launch date for Kinect yet, but it will be in November and I think it'll be close to the North America date"

Okay, just checked with my Euro hardware expert - new Xbox 360 console available in Europe on July 16th

via AceyBongo's

Bit of a wait.

Is anyone going to upgrade to the new Xbox?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Well... that was hilarious.

Mr E wrote: »
    Which will heat the inside up (or need a big jet engine to cool it).
    We all know what happens to hot xboxes.

Sony seem to have it sussed, about time for MS to pull the finger.

I'd say they have shrunk the die cast process again allowing for it to run cooler and require even less juice.

It slots in the back, it's nothing like the one we have for the current Xbox's.

ah crap!

With no power brick though, these slims could get really hot....also I wonder they are silent unlike the originals.

Ya I probably will....with HDMI, and optical out that can be used at the same time, it will suit my setup at home a lot better.

Yep, I have a Pro and Elite in the attic (RROD repairs) along with the Elite I'm using now. I'm upgrading as I don't think my current 9 month old Elite is too healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

Yep definatly. Mine is slowly dying on me, plus its time to upgrade from this 20gb hard drive

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Am I the only one who thinks project natal looks horrible? I own a xbox and I am not going to buy it... :rolleyes:

Advertisement