Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

E3 - Microsoft's Keynote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

dor83 wrote: »
    That was the worst E3 conference I have ever watched, Sony and Nintendo better have something good or this could be the worst E3 ever too.

Nintendo's 2009 E3 conference was way worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Is anyone going to upgrade to the new Xbox?

Just might trade in a 1.5 year old pro for one of the new 360's depending on trade in value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks project natal looks horrible? I own a xbox and I am not going to buy it... :rolleyes:

ya its looks crap.

I wont be getting it either.

It seems to be 50/50 on most sites, some people saying its gonna be class, and other saying it looks awful. I can't see it doing well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

folks you know the resident evil xbox 360 (red jasper version) would i get good money for that?

is it rare?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Nope not for a few months at least until reports start coming in in regards to its reliability.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Headshot wrote: »
    folks you know the resident evil xbox 360 (red jasper version) would i get good money for that?

is it rare?

Sell it on ebay, you'd get more for it, there are console collectors out there that would really pay for it. The shops here wouldn't really give you much extra for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Fair enough if people are wanting to switch to the new 360 because their old ones are crapping out but I know people who're already switching to the new one now like sheep regardless because it's new. Internal power supply, in-built WiFi and a 250GB HDD are nice but I already have my 360 neatly set up regardless of the power supply and a wireless adapter. I don't think it's worth paying the price of a new one for. Amazing as an entry-level console though, it has to be said.

People also have to take into account the fact that old 360s are probably going to be flooded into the likes of Gamestop so they can get a bit of extra cash for the arrival of the new one. By the time it's out I'd say you'd be lucky to get €100 out of an Elite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Headshot wrote: »

is it rare?
    I have that too, gona pop into gamestop in the morning and see how much I get for it, I will let ya know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I have that too, gona pop into gamestop in the morning and see how much I get for it, I will let ya know!

cheers mate

ill try to sell it on ebay or adverts before I would go to gamestop but its always nice to know how much gamestop would offer

so thanks for letting me know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I am as I have the 20GB Premium one (like 3 years old :P)

Cannot wait to get one now. Was gonna get an elite a few months ago but I said I'd wait till after E3 to see if they would come out with the slim!!

Which it had blu ray tho :P Oh well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bulktohulk

Just letting you all know. The slim isn't out here until 16th of July.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Might get the slim eventually. Don't really need it but should have some money next year and my current xbox is out of warranty, doesn't have hdmi, and only has a 60gb hard drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

rizzla wrote: »
    Okay, just checked with my Euro hardware expert - new Xbox 360 console available in Europe on July 16th

via AceyBongo's

Bit of a wait.
    Bulktohulk wrote: »
    Just letting you all know. The slim isn't out here until 16th of July.

Beat ya to it.

Didn't you say in a thread you were heading to E3? did you get a Slim?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

rizzla wrote: »
    Okay, just checked with my Euro hardware expert - new Xbox 360 console available in Europe on July 16th

via AceyBongo's

Bit of a wait.

Well its the same as the iPad, the first run of production HAS to go to America...you know, where they probably have a smaller install base of 360's than Europe :rolleyes:

Will wait for DigitalFoundry to hack one apart and see how it fares before I decide if I wanna upgrade, my almost 4 year old 20Gb premium hasnt been feeling well the past few months.

Can't wait to customise my Kinect controller. Gonna get a new pair of jeans and a t-shirt for it. ;)

I presume they know that people will be trading in an old console for this and I would like to know how they implicate on switching accounts and gamesaves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I presume they know that people will be trading in an old console for this and I would like to know how they implicate on switching accounts and gamesaves

That's why they brought out the 16Gb USB storage option update a few months ago.;)

Just copy the game saves over, you can download your account again from Live and any content you have.

Good Thinking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Some info direct from MS on the new Xbox
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/#

and some more details.
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360250GBconsole/

its ironic that my original xbox suffered the RROD yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Furp wrote: »
    Some info direct from MS on the new Xbox
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/#

Cheers, good link.
    Here today, ready for tomorrow
    With a sleek new design, a 250GB hard drive and built-in Wi-Fi, the new Xbox 360 gives you the ultimate gaming and entertainment experience. Oh, and don’t forget it comes ready for Natal right out of the box*.
    More

Sleek New Design
    A bold design and the glossy black finish mean the new Xbox 360 looks every bit as good as it performs.

250GB Hard Drive
    The massive hard drive is perfect for downloading and storing HD movies, games, game add-ons, music and more.**

Built-in Wi-Fi
    Easily connect to Xbox LIVE, play with friends all over the world and experience a world of entertainment.†

Whisper Quiet
    The new Xbox 360 runs whisper quiet, letting you play games and watch movies without interference.

Confirmed built in Wifi, and will have to hear it before believing it, Whisper Quiet.

• Advertisement

a quote from @stepto the head of xbox live policy and moderating
    https://twitter.com/Stepto
    "How does the new xbox sound? Quiet. Whisper quiet. We heard you."

you will often hear him on major nelsons podcast

it also looks like that new port on the back is something to do with making the new xbox work with Kinect easier, but ti will work will all consoles.

"Project Natal ready: Coming this holiday, Project Natal will make YOU the controller. With a dedicated, specialized port, the Xbox 360 250GB is built to connect seamlessly with the Project Natal sensor— and have you up off the couch and into the world of Project Natal in no time."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Ya I probably will....with HDMI, and optical out that can be used at the same time, it will suit my setup at home a lot better.
    You do realise that you can have both optical out and HDMI at the same time with the current 360?

I can not the appeal to rush out and trade in the latest jasper models for a slim model. The current models seem a lot more reliable than the lanch models and I know the elite I picked up last summer is a hell of a lot quieter.

As for natal it has no appeal to me and I'm not surprised to see most others here feeling the same but it's not aimed at the likes of us. It's all about MS growing their user base and getting people who would not have traditionally bought a 360 to do so. If they get people to buy natal and then a gold sub to download new songs and dance routines it's a win for MS.
    Having wii like games aimed at the whole family also helps them flog the 360 as a family media entertainment hub - helping them sell more zune videos and such.

As for the rest of the keynote, especially game wise, saying I'm underwhelmed would be an understatement.

it also looks like that new port on the back is somehting to do with making the new xbox work with Kinect easier, but ti will work will all consoles.

Yeah, basically Kinect on other 360's will need a seperate power supply. Kinect hooked up to the Slim version won't need the power supply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Wonder if the headset is any differant..

Any difference in controllers? colour, battery life?

also do have a look at the video on this link
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x...0250GBconsole/

it has some new camera angles on the console and you get a brief glimpse of the hard drive looks like it might be removable.

also do have a look at the video on this link
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x...0250GBconsole/

it has some new camera angles on the console and you get a brief glimpse of the hard drive looks like it might be removable.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-xbox-360/101307

Check that vid. Shows the hardrive being removed. Quite slick.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,691 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I really wanted to come home from work to some huge game announcements.

Instead I just got confirmation of the new hardware that was leaked yesterday :(

I fully intend on watching / following the PS (I will gasp aloud if they even mention the Last Guardian) and Nintendo (Zelda please!) ones live, I'm hoping they aren't as distressingly uneventful as this sounded!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Microsofts E3 was a bit of a let down except for the new 360 which looks sweet. Heres hoping nintendos conference tomorrow will be better with the 3ds and the new zelda game :rolleyes:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/14/xbox-360-slim-unwrapped-and-unboxed/

Unboxing video of the redesign 360.

No internal PSU :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

The Keynote was boring. Still the annoucement of the new hardware was great. No games to look forward to though.

Advertisement