Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

E3 - Microsoft's Keynote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

rizzla wrote: »
    http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/14/xbox-360-slim-unwrapped-and-unboxed/

Unboxing video of the redesign 360.

No internal PSU :(

a 1yr warrenty

thats a bit ****

edit and still has the power brick, another ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

RealistSpy wrote: »
    The Keynote was boring. Still the annoucement of the new hardware was great. No games to look forward to though.

There are loads of games. MS only did their own in house stuff and left out the filler that they usually shove in. The EA show had 10 games. One was Dead Space 2 and they said they would show the rest at Sony's show tomorrow. Sony and Nintendo will fill up their shows with third party games like MS usually do.

MS had to try and sell Natal so it got an hour of stage time. Sure Cliffy B was at the EA show, showing off another game that wasn't shown in MS's show. The EA show had the new Medal of Honour 24 people multiplayer shown live, and Crysis 2 in 3D and will be in 3D on PC, 360 and PS3. Optional of course.

Ubi are on in an hour with more games.

Headshot wrote: »
    a 1yr warrenty

thats a bit ****

edit and still has the power brick, another ****

Ah feck it anyways.:mad::mad:

They can shove that 1 year sh1te, it's 2 in the EU on all electrical goods.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

They also didn't cover the Summer of Arcade line up which looks very strong. As a poster before said, they forgot who their audience is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

There are loads of games. MS only did their own in house stuff and left out the filler that they usually shove in. The EA show had 10 games. One was Dead Space 2 and they said they would show the rest at Sony's show tomorrow. Sony and Nintendo will fill up their shows with third party games like MS usually do.

MS had to try and sell Natal so it got an hour of stage time. Sure Cliffy B was at the EA show, showing off another game that wasn't shown in MS's show. The EA show had the new Medal of Honour 24 people multiplayer shown live, and Crysis 2 in 3D and will be in 3D on PC, 360 and PS3. Optional of course.

Ubi are on in an hour with more games.
    With Sonys 1st party studios?They'll show 2/3 non exclusive games at most

• Advertisement

With Sonys 1st party studios?They'll show 2/3 non exclusive games at most

True enough actually. I'll say they will show the new CoD (MS took the wind out of their sails with that), MoH, Dead Space 2 and Crysis 2 because of the 3D and I'd say Sony will be really pushing 3D along with Move tomorrow. Where they take the PSP is anyones guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

i ****ing hate ms now im spending more on games console?????? lol

gotta get 1 just cant say no....

i imagine kinect will be terrible but maybe we will be surprised!!

True enough actually. I'll say they will show the new CoD, MoA, Dead Space 2 and Crysis 2 because of the 3D and I'd say Sony will be really pushing 3D along with Move tomorrow.

I don't think they will show games that have already been shown. Just because of the added 3D which would be totally lost on the crowd and the viewers at home. Sure they'll mention 3D, but it's not something that can be demo'd to people without the glasses.

rizzla wrote: »
    Just because of the added 3D which would be totally lost on the crowd and the viewers at home. Sure they'll mention 3D, but it's not something that can be demo'd to people without the glasses.

EA said they are holding out more DS2 for Sony over what they showed tonight at the cliff hanger point.
    EA did show 3D tonight, they asked everyone to put on the 3D specs and it didn't effect the live stream at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Anyone think the Ubi stream is worth staying up to watch? Apart from AC2: Brotherhood, does Ubi have any good games to show?? Or just their games for the Sony/MS motion controllers.

Or James Cameron for another 30 minutes about how great Avatar was....

• Advertisement

I'm going to watch it anyway. I'm sad to see what's happening the AC series. It's starting to turn into a cash cow by the looks of things.

Ghost Recon 4 might be worth a watch but the real Ghost Recon died back with Desert Siege. It's real world Gears of War set in the future now.:( Ah well.

A new Rainbow Six set outside Vegas and back to the old skool style would be nice...........what.........I can dream can't I?

Im hoping they show I Am Alive at this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Am I the only one who thought , Gears of war 3 was meh more of the same??? the demo guys and gals didnt help

calex71 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thought , Gears of war 3 was meh more of the same??? the demo guys and gals didnt help

Yeah same as Halo, it's gone as far it can really. Still entertaining just not new anymore, well it never really was, either of them. Still happily slog a few hours into them.

Nope, I loved it and has got me wanting more. 4 player co-op camaign, the Lambent looked crazy.

Although if by more of the same you mean chest high walls, loud explosions, OTT violence, etc, etc. Well it is the 3rd in the franchise, they can't change the fundamentals, it wouldn't be Gears then. Any sequel to any game is typically more of the same.

The "something new" I was hoping for was more Mirrors Edge at the EA show but it never happened. Really, really like that game. It's different and I'd love to see it fully developed and expanded as a concept.

The "something new" I was hoping for was more Mirrors Edge at the EA show but it never happened. Really, really like that game. It's different and I'd love to see it fully developed and expanded as a concept.

With Dice working on the multi-player for MOH, still supporting Bad Company 2 and more than likely working on Battlefield 3, I doubt they have the time.

Check out Brink though. Quite like Mirrors Edge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Dont know has this been said but gamestop in the us put a price tag of $150 on kinect

There will want to be something really special about it if it cost the same as a second hand wii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

NTMK wrote: »
    Dont know has this been said but gamestop in the us put a price tag of $150 on kinect

There will want to be something really special about it if it cost the same as a second hand wii

It's amazing, you can rewind a video by waving your hand around up in the air, which is more awkward, imprecise and takes more effort than using a remote control. That alone makes it a steal at twice the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

You fool , naked pelvic thrusts are the way to tame this beast

• Advertisement

You fool , naked pelvic thrusts are the way to tame this beast

Actually that dodgeball game might be more interesting if you could only use yer nads to hit the balls. Would make for an awkward Christmas in some houses though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I still cannot believe how bad that was. Nintendo are going to blow that away tomorrow.

I'm now more certain than ever that I only want controller-free gaming when I can control games with my mind!

Watching Ubisoft conference at the mo'. Ghost Recon looks pretty sweet.

Future Soldier looks awesome

Future Soldier looks awesome

4 Player co-op looks like it could be a blast.

Yeah, I thought I was seeing things when I saw a gun in first person view.

Drivers looking pretty good.Liking the shift view

Weird they haven't mention RUSE at all. I thought that was due for release pretty soon.

• Advertisement

GO RAYMAN!!!!

Advertisement