Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

E3 - Microsoft's Keynote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

I just don't unsterstand the mentality of "OOOooo Shiny, i must have one even though i have a fully functioning one right ere"

Well, it's got a bigger hard drive, built in wi-fi, whisper quiet (apparently, depends on who's whispering probably) and it's got 2 extra usbs.

My hard drive is full and I'd like to have the wi-fi. And because MS stuff is so expensive it will work out cheaper for me to trade up than to upgrade my current system.

Plus it's new and shiny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Fable III gameplay

Not as excited about it as I thought I'd be, just looks more of the same really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Yeah Fable 3 didn't really showcase any improvements over the previous one. No even mention of how Kinect could work in it. I'm still a little looking forward to it though, there's a definite charm about the Fable games that I really like.

rizzla wrote: »
    Yeah Fable 3 didn't really showcase any improvements over the previous one. No even mention of how Kinect could work in it. I'm still a little looking forward to it though, there's a definite charm about the Fable games that I really like.

Same here Peter already has my money regardless of what empty promises he makes ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

The man who created Dogs can do no wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

I own an original Xbox 360 basic with a bought separately 20gb hard drive which is now full. I think it's probably worth upgrading to the slim. Don't know if I could even trade my old one in.

sink wrote: »
    I own an original Xbox 360 basic with a bought separately 20gb hard drive which is now full. I think it's probably worth upgrading to the slim. Don't know if I could even trade my old one in.

You could add 2 usb sticks / hard drive to give you extra room for storage. A recent update allows you to use up 16gb of usb storage. Would keep you going for a while at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Or pick up a wireless adaptor for about 60 euro on ebay and delete some stuff from the HDD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I'm pretty sure you can get the original wireless adapter for as low as €45 now, and the 250gb standalone hdd is under €100 afaik now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

250Gb HD's are about €89.99 in GAME, have seen the N Wireless adaptor from between €45 and €65 depending on if a sale is on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    250Gb HD's are about €89.99 in GAME

I saw them on Amazon for £70 delivered, thats €84.

Lets see what the new drives will cost though.
    I can see a 320Gb around Christmas time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I saw them on Amazon for £70 delivered, thats €84.

Lets see what the new drives will cost though.
    I can see a 320Gb around Christmas time.

wtf do you need that amount of space for on an xbox?! I have had a 20gb since launch and still have 4gb free.

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    wtf do you need that amount of space for on an xbox?! I have had a 20gb since launch and still have 4gb free.

I know, but the only active 360 model on the market now is the 250Gb version after all the old models are sold.

I thought I'd never need more than 20Gb when I got my launch 360 and now I have my 120Gb Elite filled. I just don't bother deleting install data.

But 20Gb is not enough anymore. Mass Effect 2 install is 13.4Gb alone. Fallout and all DLC is huge and GTA4 and all DLC so its adds up very fast indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

I wonder how that Killzone3 looks in 3D

LD 50 wrote: »
    I wonder how that Killzone3 looks in 3D

Thats an eternal question for me as I can't see 3D and never will. I've no idea what the 3D effect is like but at least I won't have to fork out on a 3D TV ever.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Well I know which format I'll be getting MOH on! Can't say the same for Dead Space 2 though. Final Fantasy 14 though, really? I just don't get it!

There are loads of games. MS only did their own in house stuff and left out the filler that they usually shove in. The EA show had 10 games. One was Dead Space 2 and they said they would show the rest at Sony's show tomorrow. Sony and Nintendo will fill up their shows with third party games like MS usually do.

MS had to try and sell Natal so it got an hour of stage time. Sure Cliffy B was at the EA show, showing off another game that wasn't shown in MS's show. The EA show had the new Medal of Honour 24 people multiplayer shown live, and Crysis 2 in 3D and will be in 3D on PC, 360 and PS3. Optional of course.

I hate when I'm right. Sony went third party to cater for the main gaming market while MS forced Kinect on everyone and didn't cater for anyone else.
    Sony ended up with a far better E3 show as a result with only a little Move action. For shame MS, Sony finally got their game on this year. Thing is though I'll still end up buying it all for the 360, because I need my thumbs and want them intact later in life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Thats an eternal question for me as I can't see 3D and never will. I've no idea what the 3D effect is like but at least I won't have to fork out on a 3D TV ever.:(

colour blindness?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

niallon wrote: »
    Well I know which format I'll be getting MOH on! Can't say the same for Dead Space 2 though.

Well I'm definitely getting Dead Space 2 on PS3 for the limited edition that includes Extraction. Extraction's supposed to be excellent.

evad_lhorg wrote: »

That fills up fairly fast with downloadable games getting bigger all the time and if you install a couple of games to the hard drive. Saying that I usually top out around the 60GB mark.

• Advertisement

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    colour blindness?

No, lazy eye/eye dominance problem. When I have both eyes open I only "look" though my left eye. I don't actually look through my right eye unless I close my left. Like when looking down a rifle scope. It's very annoying.

If I was colour blind I couldn't be doing the job I'm in now, and rightly fecked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Well I'm definitely getting Dead Space 2 on PS3 for the limited edition that includes Extraction. Extraction's supposed to be excellent.

I'd rather suffer it on the Wii, Playstation Move just does not appeal at all.

niallon wrote: »
    I'd rather suffer it on the Wii, Playstation Move just does not appeal at all.

Don't think it's only for Move though. They just said it had full Move support. Probably could use the controller. Also I don't have a Wii, tempted to buy one, but Extraction coming to the PS3 is one less reason to. Nintendo had a good showing today though, so still might be swayed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Even when glasses aren't required?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Haggis The Dog

Your not missing anything, went to best buy in the UK this week while over due to work (best buy is amazing, gadget geek heaven) and tried out the 3D Tv there, works fine and does what it is meant too, but really cant see the glasses catching on to watch 3D TV on a regular basis..

Jev/N wrote: »
    Even when glasses aren't required?

Same thing though, you still need two eyes that take in an image at the same time, mine don't, well they do, I just don't "see" through both at the same time. It's like my left eye is doing everything and my brain just ignores the image from my right eye until I close my left and it's forced to use it. My brother is exactly the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Same thing though, you still need two eyes that take in an image at the same time, mine don't, well they do, I just don't "see" through both at the same time. It's like my left eye is doing everything and my brain just ignores the image from my right eye until I close my left and it's forced to use it. My brother is exactly the same.

Ah right, sh1t one :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Whats the best site for an e3 summary anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

WWW.IGN.COM

or go to youtube and watch their videos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

rizzla wrote: »
    I just know we won't get free ESPN. I'll still have to pay for my sub for UFC :(

Looks like the ESPN feature announced wont be coming out over here:

http://www.xboxer360.com/news/espn-will-not-be-coming-to-europe/

I knew free premier league football was to good to be true.

Advertisement