Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

english composition... need advice!

Options
  • 13-06-2010 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

i just remembered! in paper one i did the speech about the graduation day for the composition but could only manage 2 and a half pages. i reckon what i had written was really good but im worried about the length. is 2 and a half pages way too short or is that sort of acceptable for a speech?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Was that a Question B or an actual composition? I can't remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 watevertrevor

the actual 100 mark composition...

Ehhm, I would say that'd be a bit short yeah. Depends on how small your writing is though. You should be looking at about 800 words + I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

It's fie don't worry about it.If it's good it'll get the marks.An extra page won't get you any extra marks(aslong as you finished the speech).I've heard of people writting 2 pages and getting A1s and people writing 16 and only getting a C1.Don't worry about the length aslong as you're confident that it was good.Absolutly no point worrying over it now,nothing can be done so relax

Yeah, in fairness, length isn't everything. If you wrote a solid essay you'll be flying. You should be concentrating fully on maths and Irish now anyway, forget about it.

• Advertisement

yeah i got it finished and was happy with the content. also my writing is about 12ish words per line. yeah i suppose you're right... not much point in worrying about it now. i was really happy with the rest of the paper aswell.

I don't do irish thank god! I was born outside the country but i've always had to do it still since senior infants. Applied for an exemption the other day and it was granted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Wat is forbbiden in personal essay.
    What shudnt you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Mr Cawley

A reflective element was important to include

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

i just remembered! in paper one i did the speech about the graduation day for the composition but could only manage 2 and a half pages. i reckon what i had written was really good but im worried about the length. is 2 and a half pages way too short or is that sort of acceptable for a speech?

Yeah I write 2 and a half in tge mocks and got almost full marks don't worry seriously...if you answered tge question to tge best you could it's grand.

A girl wrote an 8 page essay in my class. God help her. Tge examiner is gonna fall asleep half way through it.

yeah my best friend wrote 10 pages for his short story the maniac... thats a novel!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I've been saying it 'til I'm blue in the face ... it's not the length, it's what you do with it! :p

(Assuming a basic minimum, like!)

Advertisement