Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Riots outside Durban stadium in South Africa

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Catenaccio!

Yes :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

baz2009 wrote: »
    Are you fúcking serious?
    There's a reason why journalists/documentary makers go to South Africa, to show it's corruptness. Some of the Police force are criminal gangs, don't try to tell me it's the same in Ireland.
    If you gave South Africa a 10/10 for danger levels, Ireland would get about 3/10.

My parents have seen it first hand on 3 different holidays, about 9 to 11 years ago.
    On that basis Russia should not have a chance of holding the World Cup in 2018. Gangs and corruption are rife in most countries including Ireland. And no one would give SA 10/10 for danger levels, they would never have been given it if they had that high of a danger level.

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    On that basis Russia should not have a chance of holding the World Cup in 2018. Gangs and corruption are rife in most countries including Ireland. And no one would give SA 10/10 for danger levels, they would never have been given it if they had that high of a danger level.

What was the one stumbling block with the SA bid though?

What was the one stumbling block with the SA bid though?
    Can not remember, care to fill me in

Well it's obvious what the answer is in fairness :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Kiwi_knock wrote: »

Brazil shouldn't really get it either.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Brazil shouldn't really get it either.
    Yeah if you follow the criteria that everywhere outside Europe is dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I'm not gonna even bother arguing with someone who can't see that South Africa wasn't the best choice of country to have tourists from all over the world flocking to for a month or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

The African and more specifically South African people deserve their moment in the spotlight.

Shine on Mother Africa!

• Advertisement

baz2009 wrote: »
    I'm not gonna even bother arguing with someone who can't see that South Africa wasn't the best choice of country to have tourists from all over the world flocking to for a month or so.
    They deal with tourists from all over the world all year long. You have been blinded by documentaries that show the violence instead of the whole story. Every major event will suffer with problems and SA like any other has had difficulties but because of the doubts expressed before hand it has been illuminated more. It is the World Cup and every continent in the World deserves a chance to host it whether you like it or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

Yes, South Africa (like the much of the African continent) is indeed a ****hole and I'm speaking from personal experience. Wtf were Fifa thinking staging the World Cup there? Ridiculous decision!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

I wonder how many people here talking about the dangers of SA have actually been outside their bedroom never mind been in Africa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

jank wrote: »
    I wonder how many people here talking about the dangers of SA have actually been outside their bedroom never mind been in Africa.

I haven't been but it doesn't mean that informed journalism can just be dismissed as fictional either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

m@cc@ wrote: »
    I haven't been but it doesn't mean that informed journalism can just be dismissed as fictional either.

Well that’s the question isn’t it. Informed journalists. Not going to take my opinion from reading exaggerated posts by scream merchants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

bump !

I think a few people on this thread owe Fifa and the nation of South Africa an apology.

The WC seems to have passed without any major trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

bump !

I think a few people on this thread owe Fifa and the nation of South Africa an apology.

The WC seems to have passed without any major trouble.
    It's not over yet buddy, anything can happen.
    It might not be wouldn't be counting your chickens yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

This was taken after the Mexico Argentina game

arg_mex_fight_gal_640.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

This was taken after the Mexico Argentina game

arg_mex_fight_gal_640.jpg

What's wrong with the guy in the black fleece's mouth?

I'd imagine that was a very minor scuffle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

That's a tiny incident. You go to any ground anywhere in the world and you will see that.

Advertisement