Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I've decided to drop to Ordinary Irish

• 14-06-2010 2:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I've thought about this a fair bit and I'm happy enough with doing the pass paper.
    I got 37% in the mocks but I think the oral went better then, so that could easily bring me down in marks this time around. I don't need Irish for the courses I'm looking to do next year so s'all good on that front.

It all just seems a little too borderline in relation to either passing and failing and I'd rather not take the risk because I don't feel confident enough at this stage! :p

I really just need to make sure it's definitely possible for me to drop down in tomorrow's exam, like will the oral be taken into account and regraded or is it the same amount of marks at both levels?

Thanks if anyone can let me know! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

You'll be able to drop down no problem. The oral is irrelevant with respect to what level you take Irish at, the examiner isn't even supposed to know! :D

So yep, tomorrow when they ask what level you want, just say Ordinary.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

I'm sure you can drop down... In the oral ( for French anyway ) they dint look at whether or not you do pass or honours. I don't do irish but I'm sure Its tge same.

They can't make you do honours if you don't want to. Just ask!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Make sure you do two essays/letter.. things. Two friends of mine dropped to pass on the day and thought they only had to do one! Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 DayTripper

Ah brilliant so! Actually looking forward to this exam now, thanks again! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

Possibly a bit late to say it but this sounds like something you might regret in the future. If you got 37% in the mock and you're happy with your oral, you'll probably at least pass the higher level paper. You might not need Irish for the course you want but you never know when it might come in handy in the future.

Ultimately, you have to do what you feel is best but you don't want to end up regretting your decision in the future.

Good luck, whatever you choose. Go n-éirí leat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement