Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Xbox Live / Vodafone at Home

• 14-06-2010 3:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭

Thinking of switching to vodafone from Eircom just wondering is there any issues with vodafone at home and xbox live?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

micks wrote: »
    Thinking of switching to vodafone from Eircom just wondering is there any issues with vodafone at home and xbox live?

No issues here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

DO NOT SWITCH TO VODAFONE FOR XBOX LIVE

I migrated from BT where i never had a problem the service is dreadful im unable to play on xbox live as the lag is to much

Ive four months to run on the contract and ill be unable to use xbox live until then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,219 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I've no issues. Ping can be a bit high sometimes, but I can live with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Haggis The Dog

No probs at all moved as part of BT buy out and the transition has been smooth, no effect on gameplay and certainly no lag

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

I switched from a 1MB package with Eircom to a 3MB package with Vodafone and I've had no issues whatsoever. In fact I find it more reliable than my old eircom connection too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭shanec1928

I've no issues. Ping can be a bit high sometimes, but I can live with that.
    +1 on that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

luckyfrank wrote: »
    DO NOT SWITCH TO VODAFONE FOR XBOX LIVE

I migrated from BT where i never had a problem the service is dreadful im unable to play on xbox live as the lag is to much

Ive four months to run on the contract and ill be unable to use xbox live until then

Same here, I can't get onto a multiplayer red dead game to save my life. And Fifa kicks me from two or three games before it gets going. I's rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

Cheers for replies

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

I've just changed from 3mb sh1tcom (eircom) to 8mb Vodafone and am waiting for it to come through.

Hope i've done the right thing. Guy that came around said he plays MW2 on his vodafone connection and it's amazingly smooth with no hiccups at all. Then again he could just be saying that to get the sale but he seemed like a decent guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

celtic723 wrote: »
    I've just changed from 3mb sh1tcom (eircom) to 8mb Vodafone and am waiting for it to come through.

Hope i've done the right thing. Guy that came around said he plays MW2 on his vodafone connection and it's amazingly smooth with no hiccups at all. Then again he could just be saying that to get the sale but he seemed like a decent guy.

On you forehead is the word SUCKER tattooed

• Advertisement

luckyfrank wrote: »
    On you forehead is the word SUCKER tattooed

lol. We'll see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Vodafone use the Eircom system so its the same service. I swapped from a 3mb Eircom line for 55 a month to 3mb Vodafone line for 40 euro.

Vodafone use the Eircom system so its the same service. I swapped from a 3mb Eircom line for 55 a month to 3mb Vodafone line for 40 euro.

Any problems with the service mate? No lag or anything worthy of giving out about?

Sounds good to me and i look forward to my new connection when it comes through.

Fcuk Eircom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

868807705.png Whatever you do dont use vodafone mobile bb look at that ping. I try to play MW2 with that no wonder I die so often

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I was moved to Vodafone from BT and I've found it to be better than it was. First i got the bump from 3mb to 7mb, a higher download cap and a cheaper bill. They sent out a wireless n router for free aswell which gave me no NAT problems on the xbox whatsoever, unlike my previous router.
    I would go for it. I've been with BT/Vodafone from day 1 and now more than ever I would not go near eircom with their new "3 strikes" download policy

Advertisement