Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gta or something else???

Options
  • 14-06-2010 3:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭

I'm pretty sure my COD MW2 era is coming to a close seeing as I havn't been on the ps3 in about a month (considering I used to play it religously) and so instead of soaking up some sun for the summer I think i'll just invest in another game :D I was thinkin Grand Theft Auto any reviews??? And if any other games are good please let me know thanks! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 games2sell

GTA4 is a good game. Only problem is if you've played one GTA you've played them all pretty much.

Right now Red Read Demption is hot. Its made by the same guys who made GTA (Rockstar) It really is just GTA in the wild west.

Personally I feel there isn't alot of games out there worth 45-50euro. As most games can be completed within a few hours. So I reccommend Read Dead. You'll get hours of fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Patri

games2sell wrote: »
    GTA4 is a good game. Only problem is if you've played one GTA you've played them all pretty much.

Right now Red Read Demption is hot. Its made by the same guys who made GTA (Rockstar) It really is just GTA in the wild west.

Personally I feel there isn't alot of games out there worth 45-50euro. As most games can be completed within a few hours. So I reccommend Read Dead. You'll get hours of fun.

Thanks very much I was just looking at that actually......any ideas about Justcause2?? Im pretty far behind wen it comes to games im afraid :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Patri wrote: »
    Thanks very much I was just looking at that actually......any ideas about Justcause2?? Im pretty far behind wen it comes to games im afraid :(

Just Cause 2 wishes it was GTA / Red Dead but it's not fit to shine their shoes!!
    It's an ok game but gets very boring very quickly despite the size of the gmae environment.

Get Red Dead!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Red dead ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,993 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

weiland79 wrote: »
    Red dead ftw!

Another massive +1 for Red Dead. It's a much more enjoyable/interesting/all round better experience to GTA IV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

If you can afford it, there's huge buzz for Red Dead; it's awesome.

GT Review : http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-red-dead/100286

GTA IV with their DLC would give you ~three weeks of solid playing (maybe 50 hours!) which is also brilliant. My favourite of the series (because you're not playing as some gangsta, but as an Eastern European immigrant trying to better his life)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭anna.fun

If I were you I'd definitely get myself Red Dead Redemption.

The story is awesome (if my xbox would load the last mission I would have completed it yesterday). RDR is really enjoyable, even though most of the missions are slightly on the easy side. Compared to Gay Tony I really enjoyed not having to go nearly everywhere by helicopter, shot a few people and leave, even though I thought the farming episodes here were dragging on for too long I never found too much repetition in the further episodes...

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

Red Dead is brilliant. but got through the story in about 3 days. Fallout 3 and Oblivion will keep you going for weeks and you should be able to pick them up fairly cheap these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Patri wrote: »
    any ideas about Justcause2??

one of the worst games ive had the misfortune to play

loads of promise, but a shoddy glitchy poorly realised mess in reality

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Just wondering, is Saints Row 2 a cheap knock off, or is it a more liberated, abso-phucking-lutely balls to the wall version of GTAIV? Heard good things about it...

• Advertisement

i didn't bother with it; but know people on- and offline that have said it's a cheap knock off. It's still fun, but it's doesn't have the top quality shine in every department like the GTA titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Saints Row 2 was great. Yeah it's a GTA clone but still good fun, and didn't take itself half as serious as GTA4 did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Give me Saints Row 2 over GTA IV any day

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

play the latest FF and order yourself to finish it and level up every character. that'll waste your summer nicely

calex71 wrote: »
    Give me Saints Row 2 over GTA IV any day

SR2 fully multiplayer no need to jump to a different game for two player mayhem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Just wondering, is Saints Row 2 a cheap knock off, or is it a more liberated, abso-phucking-lutely balls to the wall version of GTAIV? Heard good things about it...

Saints Row 2 mops the floor with GTAIV. Back in the day the thing that made the GTA games great was their re-playability factor, unfortunately due to a few quirks that i wont go into GTA IV has none while Saints Row 2 has loads. I would recommend SR2 any day, GTAIV was one of the biggest let-downs in recent gaming times(Without intending to be too dramatic)

+1 for Fallout 3, definitely worth picking up cheap if youre that far back. Red Dead is pretty damn good but i personally dont think its anywhere near as good as people are saying it is.

LOL for every game and every film you'll have someone touting the merits and going against the grain. Had a guy stick up for Uwe Boll as well :pac:

I dunno why GTA IV was a let down to people; maybe not enough gangstas and ebonics :D thought Niko was the most relatable main character of all the GTAs

Gta4 tried to take itself way too seriously. It was missing the fun of the previous three games. Don't get me started on all Nicos friends, you cant drive round for five minutes without your phone ringing and them wanting to do stuff.
    Mini Games were fun as an occasional break from all the shooting, but being forced to play them sucked.

Advertisement