Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick kick ass Comments Over the top Warning Recieved

Options
  • 14-06-2010 8:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭

I would Like my Warning on the Conspiracy Theories section overturned ban me for a month from that section but don't give me a warning I want out warning over turned and ban me from that section for a month.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=66368764#post66368764

Cause I do that want to have too read that sick outrageous thread for a long while I think he deserves a warning about what he has been saying.

I do apologize over what I said too him but I do not think I insulted him and I do not think I should have been given a Warning over it.

I think it was out of order what the user has been saying about the film and kids in general I thought what he was saying was sick and disgusting.

I do think it was unfair that I was given a warning over what I said all I said what that the user did not have a clue what was going on.

I was not insulting him at all I was outraged what he said and I am sure what he has been saying has not outraged other people.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Have you contacted one of the Conspiracy Theory Moderators by PM to discuss this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭cable842

No cause he would prob say that he would not over turn it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭cable842

I took your advice and I pm;d him there and asked him too remove it I just think it was totally over the top too give me a warning over what I said.

(this chap hasnt a clue whats going on I seen the film wow a 11 year old cursing big deal they all do now a days.

I watched the film and didnt read into anything I read kick ass which is the name of the graphic novel and Wanted The Graphic Novel which was named Wanted when it got made into a film.

Copyright my ass Mark Millar is a hard ass comic book writer and does not pull the punchs.

I think this guy is reading too much into things and he hasnt a clue whats going on.

I bet he thinks Free Willy. is and has subliminal messages.

If I look into it further using a books and glasses and sit in my room for weeks on end and think about it I think he is actually trying too Free his willy.)[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Best course of action in this situation is to talk to the moderator (politely) and discuss the warning/infraction.

If you feel the moderator is being unreasonable or does not have a good enough reason for the warning then you can ask the category moderator for his opinion.

If you are still not satisfied, then come to the helpdesk and post back to this thread and I'll take a look at it for you. I know this seems like a run around or a waste of time but perhaps the moderator has a good reason that you are just not seeing or maybe discussing it will satisfy the moderator that you and he understand one another.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I replied to the pm, and I feel the warning was warranted. The charter was broken but rather than infracting the user I assumed that a warning to not go any further would be more beneficial.

I don't see why the warning should be removed, and have advised the OP to go to the CMods. If they feel that I went too far then I'll of course petition the admins to have the warning removed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement