Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

better odds-win outright or bet on every round?

• 14-06-2010 8:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Betting on team/person to win competition outright from start vs. betting on every game- which is better odds.

Brazil 9/2 for world cup, Nadal 3/1 for tennis competition etc.

I've often wondered if you'd get better odds if you bet on the team/player to win every round (or in Brazil's case 'to qualify' from group, then 'to qualify for next round' for each game).

I know you get stupidly low odds in the early games/rounds but it'll all accumulate.
    anyone know which would give better odds ( I might track Brazil to see).
    cheers,
    Patrick.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

I've often wondered myself.
    PP had a 'special' for Spain, Brazil and England to win all their group games at 24/1. I'm fairly certain backing all the games individually on Betfair would've been much bigger.

Anyway, I shall keep on eye on what happens Brazil.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Wudyaquit

Always wondered this myself, but don't reckon you'll get a definitive answer by tracking one team (if brazil ended up winning by beating Switerland in 2nd round / Denmark or Paraguay in the second round the individual odds would be much lower than if they were drawn against Spain in the 2nd and Holland in the 3rd, for example).

It depends on what happens.

Spain 4/1 to win the World Cup, let's say they are 1/8 to qualify from their group. Say they lose their first game and draw the next and need to win their 3rd game by 4 clear goals to qualify, which they do and finish 2nd in their group, however 5 of their usual starting eleven are after picking up game bans for yellow cards and Torres and Villa get injured. They then face a team in the next round who have won their 3 matches convincingly.

Contrast that to Spain thumping the opposition in the Group stages and facing a team in the next round who limped into 2nd place on goal difference.

:)

Advertisement