Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corrib 2010 Trout average Size???

Options
  • 14-06-2010 9:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭

What was your average trout size that you caught this year on the Corrib?

Did you find that the trout were smaller this year?

Did you catch a lot more perch on nymphs compared to previous years?

Do you think perch should be Culled or netted and moved to other water systems that was poached to nearly extinction.......? and Why?

On average how many trout to perch did you get when nymph fishing in the past three years?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭DryFlyFishing

my Trout to Perch Nymph fishing average:

2008 : 4 perch to one 4lb trout
    2009: 6 perch to one 3lb trout
    2010: 12 perch to 0.75lb trout

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭BoarHunter

Never fished Corrib so i can't help you. Maybe in September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I spent 5 days deep trolling for ferrox, only got one small one just under 6 pound. A few of my friends got about 6 fish, 12lb was the biggest, 8lb was the smallest a week later.
    Sort of average, I just had a particularly bad week. That's normal for deep trolling

Should perch be culled? No. Should they be moved? No. Why? They're food for the big trout I'm after :D
    And as mentioned on another thread, they bloom and bust

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

What sort od lures do you use for deep trolling? Do you use downriggers?

Just wondering!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

shblob wrote: »
    What sort od lures do you use for deep trolling? Do you use downriggers?

Just wondering!

Roach deadbait. About 2 ounce lead. You can troll really slow to get down deeper, 2 ounce only goes about 30 foot at a normal trolling speed. Sometimes we cut the motor and drift if there's a good breeze

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭DryFlyFishing

Paparazzo wrote: »

Should perch be culled? No. Should they be moved? No. Why? They're food for the big trout I'm after

And as mentioned on another thread, they bloom and bust

well ... when the perch all get a disease you wont have your big trout on the troll .... as they will all die to... and it is the small trout that are suffering with lack of food now...

perch hunt in shoals... do you think a trout can compete with hundreds of perch.... for food?

it is no wonder the trout have moved into the deeper spots over the past few years.... and now the perch have taken those spots over to...

sure who gives a Sh... we can all find another lake to fish...

there are various water systems i did fish and now i dont ... why??? because of what people have done or not done in some cases to them due to ignorance....

Advertisement