Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fraud on Halifax Debit card question.

Options
  • 14-06-2010 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭

Last Thursday my brothers card was used by someone, one the aer arran website a transaction for 49.99 and on vodafone three times for 40 each time.

Halifax rang Thursday evening and my brother confirmed the transactions were not made by him. The account was blocked.

Im wondering, should it be hard to find out who done this? Im guessing the vodafone transactions was credit so they should have a number, and the aer arran was booking a flight so they should have name and address?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Providing they used real details of course.

Either way, the only people that can find out are the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭igor420

Jet Black wrote: »
    Last Thursday my brothers card was used by someone, one the aer arran website a transaction for 49.99 and on vodafone three times for 40 each time.

Halifax rang Thursday evening and my brother confirmed the transactions were not made by him. The account was blocked.

Im wondering, should it be hard to find out who done this? Im guessing the vodafone transactions was credit so they should have a number, and the aer arran was booking a flight so they should have name and address?

Thanks

The same thing happened for my Halifax account on Thursday. I changed switched to ulster bank so there was €0.00 in my account but i had a €50 over draft. When i logged in yesterday I seen from my statement that there was 2 pizzas ordered for €24 each in a place called pizza go go in London. I haven't been to London in about 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

This fraud is very common at present.

Mostly its either your card being cloned or your post being intercepted.

The bank will not let you be part of their investagation, they will simply refund you the money.

The best thing to do is to report it to the Garda. This will able them to build a case and they will provide you with an outcome.

Advertisement