Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soyuz TMA-19 June 15 2010

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

djhaxman wrote: »

Cheers for that dj, fingers crossed all goes well.

We will hear cheering in Moscow on America's Independence Day!!!

Wow the World is changing So fast!:)

Second attempt at the progress docking is now live on NASA TV.

Currently the Progress is 1 kilometre away from the ISS and will begin flyaround in about five minutes.

This time the Progress onboard Camera is showing the ISS clearly,but it has not yet reached the point were the first attempt went wrong.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=22177.0;attach=239833;image

Soft Docking confirmed at 5.17 PM Irish time.
    Hard docking{meaning the capture devices, hooks and the latchs and seals that secure the progress}Confirmed at....................... well still not confirmed as i have to log off at 5.36PM{sometimes Moscow seems to forget to tell NASA things,at the moment NASA TV presenter is still broadcasting waiting to close coverage:)}

once confirmed leak checks will begin and the Progress hatch will be opened.

Just now NASA has confirmed the hard mate is complete and hatch opening is expected about 8.30PM.

One of the Astronauts complained that her laptop had crashed while she was watching the docking.The ISS Control Capcom asked her had she Pressed the send error report to Microsoft button!:)

No pics worth posting,almost no tv coverage for about 15 mins before Russian ground stations picked up a signal again after a loss of TV signal.
    NASA commentator gone off to eat his July 4th Dinner with a sigh of relief!!:)

Docking was completely in automatic Mode.

• Advertisement

Quote from: Silmfeanor on Today at 04:30 PM
    apparantly they are talking about the video streaming station crashing.

Windows froze and then crashed. The " sorry, we've crashed - want to send a report?"

Ridicilous, that they're using that up there. But hoorrahh for a succesfull and pin-point docking.

Yeah, and they said "I'm sure Microsoft will be interested in your report" grin.gif

"Please describe what you where doing at the time of the crash"

"well, I was docking this progress..."

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

ynotdu wrote: »
    Quote from: Silmfeanor on Today at 04:30 PM
    apparantly they are talking about the video streaming station crashing.

Windows froze and then crashed. The " sorry, we've crashed - want to send a report?"

Ridicilous, that they're using that up there. But hoorrahh for a succesfull and pin-point docking.
    Yeah, and they said "I'm sure Microsoft will be interested in your report" grin.gif
    "Please describe what you where doing at the time of the crash"

"well, I was docking this progress..."
    :D:D:D:D

The Spacewalk by two Cosmonauts from expedition 24 has just started almost an hour late due to false readings on leak checks.The purpose of it is described in the link below.

even though bad COM was expected for a short while the Live space station view channel was showing the view from the exterior of the ISS whilst the NASA Live NASA TV channel was showing what was going on inside the ISS. GLORIOUS!!!

http://spaceflightnow.com/station/exp24/100726eva/

The first Cosmonaut even waved at the Camera as he exited the Space Station:D[this should still be ongoing to view for night owls and early risers due to its late start]

Hey look at Me MoM!:)

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=16584.0;attach=240973;image

Advertisement