Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help getting to Athlone & back?

Options
  • 14-06-2010 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

I'm doing a triathlon in Athlone on July 3th and am looking for a lift if possible?
    Going down on the Friday & coming back on the Sunday

I've looked at train times:
    - Multiple stops
    - Times are all over the place (lots of waiting around)
    - Extra cost for bike
    - Could be about €70+

I'm not sure about bus times but ain't to keen to put my Bike in the under carriage for fear of damage.

Is anybody going to this event and willing to take a passenger + bike?
    I'd be more than happy to pay a few quid (split fuel cost & buy lunch).

Am open to suggestions?

Cheers,
    LeNNoX

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭LeNNoX

mmhhh, no offers, no suggestions, nadda - maybe I was asking to much. Ah well, I've decided to rent a car & borrow a bike rack - so it's sorted.

If anybody wants a lift to & from this event, give me a shout (no cost).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭i like lamp

LeNNoX wrote: »
    mmhhh, no offers, no suggestions, nadda - maybe I was asking to much. Ah well, I've decided to rent a car & borrow a bike rack - so it's sorted.

If anybody wants a lift to & from this event, give me a shout (no cost).

do people still give lifts to strangers :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

i pick up anybody, i used to thumb myself all along the N24, iv a hammer under my seat in case anyone tries anything dodgy, :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭i like lamp

charlemont wrote: »
    i pick up anybody, i used to thumb myself all along the N24, iv a hammer under my seat in case anyone tries anything dodgy, :cool:

are you male or female? :confused:

yeah but nobody really thumbs anymore!

anyway everyone used to do that years ago though! stop blowing your trumpets!! :D were you one of those that populated the bridge in waterford back in the day with your mullet and denim jacket! ;)

Advertisement