Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

stream dreambox over the internet

• 14-06-2010 11:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

hi guys

I'm struggling at the moment trying to access my dreambox from a remote connection.
    I had a look at various guides found through google but they havent been much use to me so far..
    The stage that I am at is that , I can access the dreambox control center over the net , and stream from there by clicking on each channel..this has poor results because the line just cuts off as the bandwidth obviously cant cope

what i want to do is , have a pc with vlc which streams what's been viewed on the dreambox,at a low enough bit rate go guarantee a stable flow over a normal broadband connection.

my connection is ntl 15/ 1.5 mb

can anyone give me any direction to set this up?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Tunisia-sat dreambox player and web streamer, do a google for that, version 8 is the leatest I think. It should help you with what you are trying to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

hey

had a look at the tunisia streamer but it is no good for me.. it kept crashing.

whoever is interested in this and has similar problems to mine, i suggest that you look up the muuta streaming server which works brilliantly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I had similar problems regards crashing but thought it was maybe just me. I will give the muuta streaming server a look, thanks for the update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

j4vier wrote: »
    hi guys

I'm struggling at the moment trying to access my dreambox from a remote connection.
    I had a look at various guides found through google but they havent been much use to me so far..
    The stage that I am at is that , I can access the dreambox control center over the net , and stream from there by clicking on each channel..this has poor results because the line just cuts off as the bandwidth obviously cant cope

what i want to do is , have a pc with vlc which streams what's been viewed on the dreambox,at a low enough bit rate go guarantee a stable flow over a normal broadband connection.

my connection is ntl 15/ 1.5 mb

can anyone give me any direction to set this up?

Best setup for that would be the most basic slingbox.

http://uk.slingmedia.com/go/slingbox-solo

Works really well .. could watch my Sky Box at home on my Nokia E71 over 3g, or on my laptop.

Advertisement