Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare County Show - Athy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Another good event in Athy.

This is a great day out for the family.

Check it out here: http://www.kildarecountyshow.ie/

From the schedule on the website it appears that there are no equestrian classes (miniature horses and pony club games don't count). Is that the case? And if so, do you know why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

I went there last year and was quite impressed with the day out.

Hopefully they'll be keeping the entry price down this year as well (€5 last year)

Decent farmers market, loads of stuff for family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Oh the roads thru the town will be in meltdown more than normal,
    which is a shame as really ruins it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

Muckie wrote: »
    Oh the roads thru the town will be in meltdown more than normal,
    which is a shame as really ruins it.

Traffic in athy is appalling on most days (I had to re-locate my business to Naas because of it) but I've always found that whenever there is an event the traffic runs very smoothly because it is managed. - e.g. Ploughing champs and last years county show.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

traffic shouldn't be a problem, as it will be well managed and entry is only €5 again this year, children are free.

weather looks good, so should be a great day out

• Advertisement
Advertisement