Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancer Bats Dublin & Belfast

Options
  • 14-06-2010 11:24am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Academy 2
    Dublin
    Wed 3 Nov 2010, 19:30
    €13.50

Limelight
    Belfast
    Thu 4 Nov 2010, 21:00
    £11.25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Damn, i'm gonna be at this, feckin AWESOME price too :D:D:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Would hope they might get moved upstairs , ive never been downstairs but i heard its not a great venue

Would hope they might get moved upstairs , ive never been downstairs but i heard its not a great venue

Think that'll depend on how tickets go on Wed, never been downstairs myself either, what's capacity down there? I heard 300, damn thats gonna be 1 sweaty gig

scudzilla wrote: »
    Think that'll depend on how tickets go on Wed, never been downstairs myself either, what's capacity down there? I heard 300, damn thats gonna be 1 sweaty gig

Yea i heard about 250/300

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Yea i heard about 250/300

Academy 2 is the worst venue in Dublin. It's just awful. The stage is really low, so unless you're in the front row, you can't see the gig at all. To be honest, I wouldn't go see anyone there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

Looks awesome. ^_^
    The Academy 2 is... Certainly more intimate. It's tiny, it's more like a lounge than a venue. Especially since there's this big pole right in the middle of the floor that would completely destroy you if you happened to get flung into it during a pit. The intimacy of the venue is certainly the high point. I saw Skindred there back in March and that was good. It's so small that the band is actually under this arch to the side (I assume it was them anyway, who else would bring a laptop to a gig? O_o) and they had to go through the crowd to get onto the stage. The stage itself, like Mickolution said, is tiny. But not so tiny that you can't see the band from the back. Unless you're a foot tall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 youngcardinal

Is this over 18's? I went on ticketmaster but it ain't working :/

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

Is this over 18's? I went on ticketmaster but it ain't working :/

Yup, it is. :/
    I think if a gig's in the Academy2, it's going to be over 18s due to the bar right at the back of the room.
    Then again, I could be completely wrong. There are two bars in the main room...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 youngcardinal

MrPirate wrote: »
    Yup, it is. :/
    I think if a gig's in the Academy2, it's going to be over 18s due to the bar right at the back of the room.
    Then again, I could be completely wrong. There are two bars in the main room...

Ah pity :(
    I've been to gigs in the Academy and they were all ok so I assumed it wouldn't be much different for Academy 2..

In the middle of a block of night shifts at the moment, got home at 7.15am this morning and stayed up to get tickets, didn't wanna risk it wit size of venue.

Just checked now and not sold out, Gonna be an awesome gig and for an even Awesomer (new word) price :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Sorry to bring up an old thread but, just wondering can you buy tickets at the door for the academy? I'd love to see cancer bats especially at that price!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Trash Talk and Vera Cruz supporting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 roversfan16

old gregg wrote: »
    Trash Talk and Vera Cruz supporting

Trash Talk? This will be ridiculously good. I'm going for sure now!

Sorry to bring up an old thread but, just wondering can you buy tickets at the door for the academy? I'd love to see cancer bats especially at that price!

Tiny venue, for the sake of €13 i'd buy in advance, i did ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Et3rnalMo0nlite

THE TITLE ETC MADE ME SOOOOOOOO HAPPY!
    BUT ITS OVER 18'S NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    IM 13 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Et3rnalMo0nlite

also i couldve sworn it was a Cancer Bats w/ Bring me the horizon tour?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Ghostbusthat

Hope this gets changed to 16's like they did with Gallows a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

also i couldve sworn it was a Cancer Bats w/ Bring me the horizon tour?

Bring Me The Horizon are too big to support Cancer Bats.

I no BMTH were doing a tour with Cancer Bats as support soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

That's next week. It's only a warm up tour for BMTH real small venues. Did someone say this is sold out?

• Advertisement

Just checked on the ticketmaster site and they're still available.

Which is crazy really. I'm only 16 aswell, i'm just gonna chance my arm for the sake of 13 euro. Hopefully pick up a fake id before hand aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Ghostbusthat

Gonna chance this too.
    They're my favourite band.
    I am so annoyed that it's 3 weeks before i'm 18 though!
    Fingers crossed i'll get in.

I've just got my rota for the next 4 weeks and i'm working that night, what a downer, no chance of changing either :(

Gonna chance this too.
    They're my favourite band.
    I am so annoyed that it's 3 weeks before i'm 18 though!
    Fingers crossed i'll get in.

My favourite band too. Start asking them on Twitter see can they get us in, I met jay during the summer but lost his e mail....

Can't go to this due to work rota, have so many gigs and only so many nights off :(:(

Tickets are up for sale here

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=305246

Below face value too

I'm not having much luck selling these tickets and really don't want them to go to waste so i'm gonna give them away, i'm so pissed that i'm working and have tried everything to get the night off :(

If ya want them first person who posts them can have them

My only stipulation, to ensure they go to a real Rock/Metal fan, is that you have at least 30 posts in the Rock/Metal forum at the time i have posted this.

Wow I'd love them! Although I will admit I don't post in R&M although I am a fan of metal :D

Can show you my room covered in posters to prove it!

Wow I'd love them! Although I will admit I don't post in R&M although I am a fan of metal :D

Can show you my room covered in posters to prove it!

Haha, Have i just been asked into the bedroom of a Pokemon fan!!!!

Sure, ya can have them, either pm me yer address and i'll post them or ya can pick them up in Swords

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    Haha, Have i just been asked into the bedroom of a Pokemon fan!!!!

Sure, ya can have them, either pm me yer address and i'll post them or ya can pick them up in Swords

Haha, it's really not what you think!

Ah thanks a mill for those! Really appreciate it! I can post you out an SAE so you don't have to pay for postage.

Advertisement