Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancer Bats Dublin & Belfast

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Living in Westport it's a log way to travel for this gig so I'm not gonna bother unless I get in, what do people think are they really strict? I'll be 17 on the day. Does anybody have experience with the academy?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Living in Westport it's a log way to travel for this gig so I'm not gonna bother unless I get in, what do people think are they really strict? I'll be 17 on the day. Does anybody have experience with the academy?

Eh when i went to Black Stone Cherry there a few years ago they didnt let in my friends because they didnt have ID (and they were all over 18) but every other gig ive been to there (apart from the Stereophonics Greatist Hits Gig but was before the BSC) i have never been asked

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Ghostbusthat

My favourite band too. Start asking them on Twitter see can they get us in, I met jay during the summer but lost his e mail....
    I've sent Scott a message on twitter, hopefully he'll sort something.

Would you say they'd accept an age card receipt as ID? One of my friends is thinking of going, but won't have her age card by then and has no other ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I wouldn't bother, like you said its the long way to travel and it is highly likely you will be asked to produce ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Would you say they'd accept an age card receipt as ID? One of my friends is thinking of going, but won't have her age card by then and has no other ID.

Does she not have a passport? An age card receipt is better than nothing but its not exactly acceptable ID... it could be anyone's receipt.

• Advertisement

Does she not have a passport? An age card receipt is better than nothing but its not exactly acceptable ID... it could be anyone's receipt.
    Nah, she doesn't.
    Yeah I know, I was just wondering what other people thought about it, cause some off licences and shops accept them.

Yeah The Academy only accept Gardai ID thing, passport or Driving License, so they don't have to Accept anything else. But I guess they might, If She's 18 go to the Gardai and get one of these things valid for one day. That's what the bouncers advice. And it's only like 6 euro and apparantly doesn't take too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

only a few days to go before hearing some easy listening tunes from these boys :p

anyone else there last night for this? What ya think? Short and excellent I thought.

old gregg wrote: »
    anyone else there last night for this? What ya think? Short and excellent I thought.

How short? What were trash talk and vera cruz like?

• Advertisement

I missed both support acts as I had to drive from Waterford to Cork to pick someone up and then straight to Dublin to catch the gig.

I'm not completely familiar with the lineup as in knowing names, etc ..... (I love Hail Destroyer, never heard the 1st album and have mixed feeling about the recent album) but ... one of the band (I think bass) was unable to be there and they had another guy stand in with only a day to learn a full set of songs so they played for around an hour.

The performance was full on and the crowd loved it and the band stayed around afterwards to chat and do photos with folks.

I wish someone more familiar with the band personnel and stuff would explain this more accurately than I can manage.

Really? I met The bassist Jaye, a couple of times and he was always really nice. That sucks.

I'm pleased they were good though.

Next time :(

So annoyed I missed this show. Heard it was great, especially considering Mike wasn't there. Next time!

Advertisement