Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mark Lanegan - Academy - Aug 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

twice in a year - fantastic - but dont see a mention on any official site.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭CBCB

Brilliant news

Have seen him loads, but the last time, In April in Roisin Dubh was the best, I was blown away .

Very excited

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Great find, just picked up my ticket, really enjoyed his april show in A2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭girvtheswerve

Just got my ticket. Cheers for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Eugh, pay day is too far away again. Better not sell out...again:(

• Advertisement

Should be ok, he is playing Galway again on August 24so that will take some pressure off the Dublin gig

Ah cool. Seing him on 10th September in London anyway with Isobel Campbell, but sure cvans till do both.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kalmfang

jellis
    i know a few people who followed him around europe this summer and the reports have been excellent
    he is on top form by all accounts, so should be a good gig

Anyone any info on what sort of material he'll be playing at this gig? Or is it just a regular own-material set? Got my tickets, so will be class. Twice in less than two weeks:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

I'll be seeing him at pukkelpop. Can't wait for it!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭Cranky Mc Funhouse

Mushy wrote: »
    Anyone any info on what sort of material he'll be playing at this gig? Or is it just a regular own-material set? Got my tickets, so will be class. Twice in less than two weeks:D

Going by recent setlists its mainly solo stuff with an emphasis on bubblegum. Hopefully some screaming trees or Q.O.T.S.A covers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Got my tickets for this today. Should be good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

I thought the Academy 2 gig back in April was dull as dishwater.

It's a terrible venue, so I've got high hopes for him playing upstairs.
    Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭DylanJames

The gig in the Academy 2 in April was fantasic, really lookin forward to Wednesday. This show will be different though as electric guitar has replaced the acoustic which means different songs have been added to the set eg. Hit the City, I'll Take Care of You and a few Screaming Trees songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭ttoppcat

DylanJames wrote: »
    This show will be different though as electric guitar has replaced the acoustic which means different songs have been added to the set eg. Hit the City, I'll Take Care of You and a few Screaming Trees songs.

Woop Woop, cant wait for tomorrow night in Galway:D

Have been listening to Hawk all weekend and loving it, really hoping for some Mark/Isobel Irish dates..any rumours?

ttoppcat wrote: »
    Woop Woop, cant wait for tomorrow night in Galway:D

Have been listening to Hawk all weekend and loving it, really hoping for some Mark/Isobel Irish dates..any rumours?

No Isobel/Mark dates for Ireland, maybe if they do proper tour for it eventually it may happen. Seeing that show in London myself.

The gig in the Academy 2 in April was fantasic, .

Different strokes. Thought it was very disappointing myself. Piss-poor crowd behaviour, painfully slow set and just a God-awful venue.
    Am glad to hear he'll be plugging it in tomorrow though.
    Enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭girvtheswerve

Looking forward to this. Not sure what to expect from him really but cant go too far wrong with that bad ass voice

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭DylanJames

Last night's set in Galway

Field Song
    One Way Street
    No Easy Action/Miracle
    I'll Take Care of You
    Willie John
    Don't Forget Me
    Where the Twain
    Message to Mine
    Mirrored
    This Strange Effect
    River Rise
    One Hundred Days
    Jesus Program
    Hit the City

When Your Number Isn't Up
    Traveller
    Bombed
    Wild Flowers
    Hanging Tree
    Dying Days
    Shadow of the Season
    Halo of Ashes

Looks pretty damn good to me!

Last night's set in Galway

Field Song
    One Way Street
    No Easy Action/Miracle
    I'll Take Care of You
    Willie John
    Don't Forget Me
    Where the Twain
    Message to Mine
    Mirrored
    This Strange Effect
    River Rise
    One Hundred Days
    Jesus Program
    Hit the City

When Your Number Isn't Up
    Traveller
    Bombed
    Wild Flowers
    Hanging Tree
    Dying Days
    Shadow of the Season
    Halo of Ashes

Looks pretty damn good to me!

Was there a support act?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭boosh_fan

Very excited about this, I loved the previous one. I thought the atmosphere was amazing and I think it was the most silent, reverent crowd at any gig I've been to. Can't see it being the same atmospherically tonight to be honest but still really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

WOW - amazing gig, sixth time to see the great man, but easily the best, same setlist as Galway the night before (sadly no Dying Days). How incredible was it to hear Halo & Shadow of the season.

Amazing stuff. Cant get enough of that voice. Now for London with Isobel.

Really great gig on Wednesday, much more enjoyable than April as I had a great view of the stage this time.Nice to pick up the live album as well. Its a pity Isobel Campbell doesnt play any gigs in Ireland, has she ever played a solo show here?

Really liked the gig but I have to say I preferred when he did his own stuff before the encore to when he moved to the other stuff after. The Screaming Trees stuff doesn't sound right to me without the drums and base.

Although I have to add, my GF didn't like the gig because she didn't know his music. He really is one of those that you have to like his music to like watching live.

The phrase "phoning it in" came to mind more than once.

Saw him with Isobel Campbel on Friday in London. Was a great show. And hey, there was a post-gig signing session, so got to meet him too:D

Advertisement