Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from weddings & marriage

Options
  • 14-06-2010 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

I got a warning recent over my signature and I resolved that. Now the last post I put up was about mass booklets ,I have mass booklet templates which would be useful for a B&G. I wasnt advertising my site intentionally. I dont get weddings from this site. And a permanent ban seems a bit harsh to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Hi there

have you tried PMing the forum mod (iguana) about this? If not, thats the best place to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

your ban was issued by an administrator (smashey) and I've asked him for some background on this.

please try to be patient and either he or myself will respond here as soon as possible but, as bonkey says, talking to the forum mod is the best place to start the proces off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

ok,

I've spoken to Smashey and it appears you've also had dealings with Zaph on this.

there's two sides to this banning.

On the one hand, you posted a useful resource in response to a posters request.

on the other hand:
    you posted the exact same post 3 times granted with a week between each post which was a link to a commercial website and thats all.

As someone who has recently had the joy of hunting for wedding booklet templates I can appreciate when free resource is offered but as an admin of boards, I can also see how this can be viewed as shilling a service.

In my opinion, the fact that you have posted in other threads in the forum offering advice would sway me toward the viewpoint that it was unintentional shilling. Good intentions and all that.

Perhaps , in future, posting the relevant templte as an attachment to your post might be an idea? The link to your site is in your signature so if a user likes the template they would more than likely follow the link to see if there's anything else. For example, on the last one the OP asked for a scroll type template so you could have attached template number 4 to your post as that is the only one that could be used on a scroll.

Hopefully you can understand where the mod/admin was coming from and this can be avoided in future.

In the meantime, I'll lift the ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭texanman

Thank you so much for that. I'll be more careful in future not to post a link to my site.I'm glad this is sorted.
    Thanks for you help on this.

Advertisement