Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths HL Paper 2

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

BL1993 wrote: »
    Well your answer for 7.b. part 3 is wrong. It is done using:

p(A and B but not C) + P(A and C but not B) + P(C and B but not A) + P(A and b and c) where A is the novel, B is the drama and C is the poem. To justify myself, how can the prob. to study atleast 2 be smaller than the prob to study 3?

I get 19/24 btw.
    Ah yes. That's another mistake I missed. You are correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

Got most of it A2 hopefully! But a mistake in 2b(ii) paper one as well. (alpha^2)(beta^2)=16 not (alpha)(beta)=16

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ApolloCreed10

Can I just say, I thought MathsNerds solutions were brilliantly put together. I find it a bit weird that some of you chose to point out two small errors which would have lost a maximum of 6 marks and any fool could have spotted given a second glance, including the author. Maybe we should have said something like "thanks for posting solutions, they've been very helpful. Just for your own information, there were small errors in Qx and Qy" rather than this quite disturbing oneupmanship that seems to be going on.

BTW, MathsNerd's S&S solution was correct. EuropeanSon, it's a bit strange that you chose to add up each term individually given that the formula for Sn is now actually given to you in the tables. Surely someone who got 100% (as you claim to have gotten) could have figured out that the sum from 11 to 30 is the same as the sum from 1 to 30 minus the sum from 1 to 10.

It's no surprise that the solutions have now been removed.

I had loads of time, and didn't think to look in the tables. I will maintain that I was correct, however.

Also, I don't understand why they were removed. They were, in the most part, excellent solutions, and the effort was certainly appreciated by me, anyway. Criticism is to be expected, however, and should be welcomed IMO, as any chance to see where you went wrong is an opportunity to learn and improve.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

Also, I don't understand why they were removed. They were, in the most part, excellent solutions, and the effort was certainly appreciated by me, anyway. Criticism is to be expected, however, and should be welcomed IMO, as any chance to see where you went wrong is an opportunity to learn and improve.
    Or an oppurtunity to see how bad you actually did :(

For that Q, his solution was 4000 and something, no?
    3(30)^2+1 =2701
    3(29)^2+1 =2524

The final two terms alone combined are greater than his answer, making it obviously incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 MathsNerd31

Apologies, I've just re-read the question and it seems I did mis-read it initially. Thanks for all your comments. It is a long number of years since I did my LC and these solutions were put together very hastily during my lunch break.

I've only included solutions to the further calculus option. Ran out of time. If anyone spots any more errors please let me know but please do so in a constructive manner, not as a previous contributer pointed out, to get one over on me.

Apologies, I've just re-read the question and it seems I did mis-read it initially. Thanks for all your comments. It is a long number of years since I did my LC and these solutions were put together very hastily during my lunch break.

However Zoom. You may wish to retract your idiotic comment. I personally don't think 100% is a bad result given that I did answer all of the questions.

I've only included solutions to the further calculus option. Ran out of time. If anyone spots any more errors please let me know but please do so in a constructive manner, not as a previous contributer pointed out, to get one over on me.
    Sorry if I came across as harsh, it wasn't my intention. Your solutions are much appreciated, and very clearly laid out.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Ashashi

However Zoom. You may wish to retract your idiotic comment. I personally don't think 100% is a bad result given that I did answer all of the questions.

Zoom is talking about his result, not EuropeanSon's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 LouiseZ

I thought paper 1 was much easier but I guess paper 2 was ok too. I didn't really put in too much study for it, but God I better have got that C3!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Indigo Sunrise

Thanks for the solutions. Looks like I did better than I thought :) Hopefully got the A1.

Advertisement