Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Fallout Vegas Gamplay Trailer

Options
  • 14-06-2010 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

I just noticed that there's a new trailer for Fallout Vegas that has some of the gameplay on show. It looks like more of the same (which isn't exactly a bad thing) but I did lol when I saw the
    guys doing a show on stage

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I was pretty underwhelmed by it to be honest. I know it'll still be great, but i dunno. It just didnt really do it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Should be good as long as they don't make one console better than the other like with FL 3 they made 360 have less glitches than PC and PS3. They completely destroyed the PS3 vesion with bugs in every square inch of the map.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll be getting this, Fallout 3 was one ofmy favourite games ever and I put more hours into the single player than any other single player game I ever played.

One weird thing, they could have choosen the gameplay footage better because there's an obvious super mutant glitching through scenery.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Is this another DLC or is it a stand-alone game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Is this another DLC or is it a stand-alone game?

New game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

I just hope obsidian use different voice actors, so sick of the rehashed ones from f3/oblivion.

Yes I defiantly agree there's like overall like 10 voice actors in the whole game - Now I'm not big on voice acting but in all fairness they could at least mash up some of the voices so they at least sound different - I don't mind have security guards having the same voice to save time but at least for some quest characters to have different voices.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Looks like it could be good, but I'd prefer if you didn't have to use steam to play it. I think I'll wait until a GOTY edition or equivalent shows up which will be hopefully less restrictive before I decide if I want to buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Looks pretty good. As much as i loved Fallout 3, do i want more of the same? I suppose i do but i was expecting a tiny bit more variety in combat, scenery etc and it looks identical. Im sure it will be great but i wont be queuing on release day for it.

Also completely agree with Retr0gamer there was definitely some super mutant no clipping going on in that trailer.

its basically the Storyline of Fallout 1 and 2 which were by far the greatest story-lines ever with an improved graphics engine from Fallout 3 plus anyone who is interested in the " Lore / History " of New Vegas check out the Fallout Wiki it has some great background stuff on it and from what I've heard this will continue some of the story from Fallout 2 so joy all-round in my eyes - and really there's no point attacking them for a small glitch and I think if you look at it closely the Super Mutant appears to have teleported so it could be a boss-battle type thing and they had to make an entire Wasteland map it could take hours just to detail a small amount no game is perfect and glitches are expected in every game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I take it vats is making a return?

I take it vats is making a return?

Same engine as f3 so yep.

yeh because u get a pip-boy 3000 from a previous Vault resident

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

=Monotype;66405336I think I'll wait until a GOTY edition or equivalent shows up which will be hopefully less restrictive before I decide if I want to buy it.

I admire your patience , I want this now now now. I'd lose a lot of sleep waiting for a GOTY ed :D

In fairness it's how it will likely offer the ultimate experience like FO3 GOTY I just have no will to resist a launch day purchase :(

Provided they don't mess up the PS3 DLC This time. Promised it in June didn't get it till the second week of October

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

just hoping they dont cheap out on the voice acting, still gonna be buying it on the day of release :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

More dogs.
    Strippers.
    More nuking of small hamlets.
    PC version first.
    plz.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I see the California flag in it so it ties in with Fallout 1 and 2?

calex71 wrote: »
    I admire your patience , I want this now now now. I'd lose a lot of sleep waiting for a GOTY ed :D

In fairness it's how it will likely offer the ultimate experience like FO3 GOTY I just have no will to resist a launch day purchase :(

Yeah, I was looking forward to it (and how Obsidian would change things), especially since I was recently in Vegas and would like to see if I would recognise anything. But the whole steam thing annoys me. I hope they're only doing this for the games they're publishing (e.g., Fallout NV and Brink) and not any of their own future games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

D-Generate wrote: »
    I see the California flag in it so it ties in with Fallout 1 and 2?

seen the NCR flag too, hope it does :) the original was and always will be the best for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Monotype wrote: »
    Looks like it could be good, but I'd prefer if you didn't have to use steam to play it. I think I'll wait until a GOTY edition or equivalent shows up which will be hopefully less restrictive before I decide if I want to buy it.

Whats wrong with steam?

Whats wrong with steam?

I just don't want to be forced to use it. I mean, great if it's an option for those who prefer digital downloads and like achievements etc., but you have to still use it for the disc version.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pappy o' daniel

I much preferred the dialogue, humour, story and characters of the original isometric Fallouts over bethesdas version.
    So i'll be getting this.

Does anyone know if you can shoot kids in this one? :cool:

I much preferred the dialogue, humour, story and characters of the original isometric Fallouts over bethesdas version.
    So i'll be getting this.

Does anyone know if you can shoot kids in this one? :cool:

You can shoot all the npc's, except for children.

Advertisement