Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First meeting with Social Worker what happens?

Options
  • 14-06-2010 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi,

Has anybody any insight into what happens at the first meeting with a designated social worker at the adoption agency?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

hi, first of all it depends on the social worker and the agency, no two are the same. on my first meeting with my social worker we just talked about why i wanted to trace and my expectations on the outcome. there was no information passed on at that point she also told me how she would go about searching. if you have anything on your mind you need to ask write it down and bring it with you as the first meeting can be a bit daunting. good luck and if you want any more info just shout....kathy

• Registered Users Posts: 8 deadpet

Hi,

My first meeting I did not think twice about it I presumed it would be a general one. However I was giving so much details it was very heavy going (BUT GOOD). Escpecially has I have children and I was curious I was excited but I hear some meetings you get more detail then you would expect.

My second was to start the process and .............NOTHING SINCE.

VERY VERY disappointed in ther services. I went on Boards tonight to see if anyone had advice on tracing as I feel I wont be getting anything back but I have enough data I feel I could.

Shame how Ireland threats the adopted looking for answers.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Mammyof2

Thanks very much for your responses the agency is on the south side of Dublin, maybe someone else has been there?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 deadpet

I am with Cunamh

Advertisement