Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mullingar/Westmeath Beers: Friday, July 2nd @ Danny Byrne's

Options
  • 14-06-2010 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭

Hopefully the date can work for the majority of people. While this is in Mullingar, it's open for anyone to come in, of course! To be in Danny Byrne's, which sports great live music and a late bar, right in the middle of town.

Please keep in mind it will be a fairly small beers as there don't seem to be an awful lot of boardsies in Westmeath, but don't let that deter you. The ones I've met are pretty alright. :p

If it ends up with nobody being able to attend, or nobody wants to go to that particular venue, we can always reorganize. If you do plan on coming, let me know here! Otherwise, make a suggestion for another date.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Cant actually do that weekend,just been reminded that Im going to Achill that weekend for a sesh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Damnit!

Well we'll figure out another date, so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Kev23

I'd be up for this so count me in anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭coillcam

Once you get numbers Liah, give Mark/Aidan a shout and they will probably throw in some free food.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

I can't say for definite if I'll be there that far ahead, but if I'm home that weekend, I'll pop in to say hello, wouldn't hurt to know a few more people.

Should people going post a pic, or is half the fun of these things trying to figure out who's who?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭coillcam

yekahs wrote: »
    I can't say for definite if I'll be there that far ahead, but if I'm home that weekend, I'll pop in to say hello, wouldn't hurt to know a few more people.

Should people going post a pic, or is half the fun of these things trying to figure out who's who?

Usually at some of the previous beers everybody would bring something to id themselves as a group so to speak, let that be a tin of tesco baked beans or marmite or even a black hat. Use your imagination guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭stylers

marmite ? I thought only aussies liked that stuff lol.. I suppose we could bring a candle as boardsie ID.. they'd be easy to get rid of then :pac:

stylers wrote: »
    I suppose we could bring a candle as boardsie ID.. they'd be easy to get rid of then :pac:

If it's Danny's, candles wont be the best idea cos they're everywhere. Would be funny though "yeah, they said it's the table with the cand...oh ..." :D

Any new dates in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Hey guys, noob here, how does beers work? Do I need to know anyone beforehand or is this mainly between people who are regulars? Know it's a silly post but I'm free on that night, looks like fun

I live in Mullingar btw :)

Nope, you don't need to know anyone. It's basically just a way to meet some new people around where you live and expand your social circle a bit I suppose! Anyone can come, and you can bring a friend if you feel uncomfortable going on your own to meet strangers. It won't be a massive turnout like a Dublin beers or anything, either, it'd only be a handful of people so hopefully it wouldn't be too intimidating!

As for a kind of ID to identify each other as boardsies.. I actually have no idea what could be used. But I'm sure we'll think of something.

Anyway, if this works out and people get along I'm sure we can do it again, we'll tentatively stick to this date for now since nobody else is making any suggestions?

Maybe a mod can add a poll to see how many can actually attend on this date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭coolguy

I will definitely come along

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Im in Kilkenny on the 2nd :(

Brother in laws stag

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Iomega Man

I'll be there....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

Aw I will be on my hols :( Will definitely be at the next one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Mullingar is a decent place for a night out. Would ye go to the final fence or mojos afterwards. It's been a while since I've been to Mullingar, I'd nearly go myself.

djhunter30 wrote: »
    Mullingar is a decent place for a night out. Would ye go to the final fence or mojos afterwards. It's been a while since I've been to Mullingar, I'd nearly go myself.

Ye can go where you like after but I'm not setting foot into Mojo's or the Fence. Can't stand either venue. Won't go Lane either. Prefer Bed, free in and never too mental or overpowering, so that's my choice.

You lot can figure out everything after Danny's! :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Would be interesting to meet a few Westmeath Boardsies. Is the pub past the train station or elsewhere? I loved going to Mullingar, the street with the majority of the pubs was only walking distance from the Barracks, so happy out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

djhunter30 wrote: »
    Would be interesting to meet a few Westmeath Boardsies. Is the pub past the train station or elsewhere? I loved going to Mullingar, the street with the majority of the pubs was only walking distance from the Barracks, so happy out :)

It's in the middle of town, next door to the Greville Arms Hotel.

I'd like to make it to one of these sometime, but will be on holidays this time round !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

liah wrote: »
    Ye can go where you like after but I'm not setting foot into Mojo's or the Fence. Can't stand either venue. Won't go Lane either. Prefer Bed, free in and never too mental or overpowering, so that's my choice.

You lot can figure out everything after Danny's! :p

Couldnt agree more.

Bleughhhh.

It's in the middle of town, next door to the Greville Arms Hotel.

I'd like to make it to one of these sometime, but will be on holidays this time round !

Alright, I know exactly where it is now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Hey guys, some questions and I don't want to get down the mood or whatever! :)

I'm actually a very shy person but lately I've been growing out of it, always up to try new things and meet new people! I'm not a regular poster of the midlands section, and I'm only 19 (maybe seen as young in contrast to people in mid 20s etc, not that I know anyone's age here!), I'm probably over reacting and talking non-sense but should these factors matter at all at beers? I'm always afraid in social meetings that my age really holds me back

Anyway I can probably call for a few, please tell me if I am talking nonsense! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Ramza wrote: »
    Hey guys, some questions and I don't want to get down the mood or whatever! :)

I'm actually a very shy person but lately I've been growing out of it, always up to try new things and meet new people! I'm not a regular poster of the midlands section, and I'm only 19 (maybe seen as young in contrast to people in mid 20s etc, not that I know anyone's age here!), I'm probably over reacting and talking non-sense but should these factors matter at all at beers? I'm always afraid in social meetings that my age really holds me back

Anyway I can probably call for a few, please tell me if I am talking nonsense! :)
    Age shouldn't make any difference when it comes to meeting new people/making new friends!

I used to think like that and only recently realized that age shouldn't matter!

So what if you get on with someone who's years older than yourself? It's better to have older/younger friends than no friends at all!

Age really, really doesn't matter. I've friends who are 17 and friends who are 37, after you hit a certain age yourself you really don't notice numbers so long as the people are sound. I'm 22, going on 23.

I'm a pretty shy person myself but I don't mind putting myself out there to meet some new people in a good environment, so don't worry, you're not the only one who might feel a bit weird! You just work through it, and you'll feel all the better for it, trust me!. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭TimeClock18

17 years old Pushing the Boards drinks?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭T Corolla

Is it still okay to come to this night out. I live in Mullingar but dont go out there much and like to meet some new people

Of course. Everyone's welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭T Corolla

How will I know will there be a table set aside for boards.ie

Eh.. I should probably figure that out actually. I don't have any credit in my phone so I'm not sure how I'm going to sort that out. Suppose I'll try talking to someone about it next time I'm there but I'm not sure if that'll be before Friday. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Might head to this, I'm in Dannys most weekends anyway. Could do with meeting a few new people too.

• Advertisement

What time would we be going for on the night? Round 9:00/9:30?

Advertisement