Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mullingar/Westmeath Beers: Friday, July 2nd @ Danny Byrne's

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Yeah, that sounds good, maybe about nine before the masses arrive. Could just find a place to sit before everyone goes in instead of me trying to find a way to organize one :p I'll go in early on my own and try to get one of the tables at the back behind the curtain (behind where the bands play) since there's a fair bit of space there. Unless anyone has other suggestions? Smoking area might be nice since there's some comfy couches/the bed to sit on, but I'm not sure how many of you smoke or don't smoke and I don't want to annoy any non-smokers.

I'll put something on the table to mark it, but I'll have to think of something! When I do I'll post what it is, so check back here before the night.

Right, well, I've had a random shít-ton of.. well.. shít! dropped on my head in the last few days and as a result haven't had time to reserve a table or anything, BUT, I will try to get there as early as possible and basically just call dibs on a table.

Be on the lookout for a 5'5" (aka, shortish), average-weight girl with longish, mildly unkempt-looking browney-blondey non-dyed hair, blue eyes (50's style eyeliner), in ripped blue jeans, converse shoes, a red tank top with a black jacket-type thing that doesn't cover the shoulders OR a leather jacket with a hood (depends on if it's cold!). That'd be me. Just come over and say hi, I don't bite!

I'll try and be at the back tables behind where the band plays, if I'm not, I've found a cosy place out in the smoking area (sorry, non-smokers, if that is the case) to sit. It's a small pub, we'll find each other and make the best of it.

..that is, if any of you actually show up! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭jigglywoo

hehehehe hows the meetup going? I wasnt able to attend due to being in Munich and having loads n loads of fun in the blistering heat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭foreman

Would have been there meself only I seen this post tonight... Would be interested in the next one tho !!!

I ended up being an hour late! (sorry about that again! :o) A good friend of mine was playing a gig at the Stables later that night so I was with her for a bit and lost track of time. I'm not sure how many actually turned up, had no idea what to do/who to go to, and did their own thing or left, but it ended up being a nice little intimate threesome. :p Was in Danny's for a bit then we went to the Stables, one ****ed off (pfft) but we went to Bed and ran into each other there too.

It wasn't the maddest night ever and probably had a lot to do with me being not organized enough (had too much going on in real life to put a lot of thought into this) but the lads were dead sound and we had a bit of a chat anyway.

Unfortunately someone else will have to organize the next meetup because I'm leaving on the 12th, but if anyone wants to meet up for a beers or even just for another person to chill out with drop me a line, I'm friendly enough and like making new friends. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭stylers

was a very small beers alright.. and the head of the mullingar beers commiteeeeeee was late herself :p ok.. I turned up a tad late too but couldn't find any other gang calling themselves boardsies.. but beer was drank, and music was listened to.. so wasn't too bad I suppose :)

Advertisement