Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some stupid questions because we don't have a FAQ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Any tips on where abouts I could find some trainers for the sake of levelling up prior to the Elite Four in Pokemon Black/White? I've cleared a share of them on Victory Road (i.e. all those who are directly on the path to the top, and a few others that aren't on the immediate path) - I'm fairly low (~Lv41 average, only managed to kill one of Shauntal's Pokemon :pac:) and I'd be fairly pissed if my only option was to grind wild Pokemon for crap EXP :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I think you can go to the two stadiums in Nimbasa City, most of the trainers in there are around level 40, though there is very few you can actually fight daily. Besides that, best bet is to just grind Audino just before Victory Road or something..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Ok, I just looked up my team that beat the game the first time.

Reshiram Lv 51
    Zebstrika Lv 50
    Victini Lv 51
    Sawsbuck Lv 53
    Krookodile Lv 47
    Samurott Lv 51

First off, that's a really weird team for me. I never use unique 'mon, or Grass/Ground/Normal types. Still, this team strolled pleasantly through the E4 and N, these levels seem pretty alright.

I trained in Victory Road mostly. Enough of everything to keep everyone happy, and then loads of Audino.

The sad thing about this is that I STILL haven't finished polishing my new team. In over a month. Nyaww...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

with ev training does the points only get awarded to the mon that faints the target mon or if i say start with one and switch to another will they both get the points?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Robby91 wrote: »
    Any tips on where abouts I could find some trainers for the sake of levelling up prior to the Elite Four in Pokemon Black/White? I've cleared a share of them on Victory Road (i.e. all those who are directly on the path to the top, and a few others that aren't on the immediate path) - I'm fairly low (~Lv41 average, only managed to kill one of Shauntal's Pokemon :pac:) and I'd be fairly pissed if my only option was to grind wild Pokemon for crap EXP :(

Stupid question but are you aware that you can force Audinos to appear, and they're good for TONNEs of Exp. With a Lucky Egg you can usually comfortably level up to about 7 - 10 levels above the levels of the audinos you're facing with no more than 2 fights per level, most of which are 1-hit-ko if you have a fighting move or a devastating amount of STAB damage.

If you're not aware of this, run back and forth in front of a patch of grass till one shakes. The one north of the last town where the path turns to the right, before you start climbing up towards victory road is where I trained for the E4. Takes a while but it's not nearly as much of a grind as the "old days". Sometimes you'll get something else (Emonga, Throh/Sawk, 3rd-tier Evos of common 'mon) but it's usually something worth catching or killing :)

This works even better if you can get someone else to train for you, as a traded 'mon with a lucky egg fighting audinos levels like a greased pig. With EXP share, you can fight a level 30-ish Audino (eg the grass before the DragonSpiral tower) to net a traded mon about 8-9000 exp, taking it up from 1 to the mid 20s in one go. On platinum, that would have taken about 10-15 minutes of grinding in the zones. I took a Tepig from 1 to about 36 in the space of 5 minutes yesterday just so I could breed it. Incidentally, anyone want a Tepig?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

with ev training does the points only get awarded to the mon that faints the target mon or if i say start with one and switch to another will they both get the points?

both will get the points.. and they're not halved like as with experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Justin Ternet

Howaya folks Im new to the pokemon forum here but I use boards regulary on the pro wrestling forums (dont laugh you like pokemon). I didn't even know you had a forum for pokemon. I've played pokemon since the beginning and am delighted there's somewhere for my questions to be answered ,hopefully. My first one is about Zoroark. I have the three legendary pokemon needed for it to appear but they're from the old games and nothing happens. Do I need one of them from HG or SS? Google keeps saying 'The Shiny Legendary Pokemon' are these only found on SS and HG?

they were a special event pokemon you can't get anymore. You can pick up zorua quicker than a cheap hooker in thailand on the gts so don't worry

Ah cool will it also massage my boy parts with its feet?.......no? oh ok Cheers though.

Thanks for the advice Denny M and Banjo - managed to grind Audino (and the Small Court in Nimbasa) for a while earlier, and brought my beloved Coney (:P) to Lv47 and evolved it into Vanilluxe. Hopefully, I should be ready for at least one of the Elite Four in the next few days :D

Also, while they are exceedingly irritating to fight with anything but Fire types, Durant seems to be handy enough for EXP as well - I'm getting about 1500-1800 from them (for Lv39/40) compared to 2500-3000 for Audino (Lv33 to 36) but considering the difference in rarity, I think they're a good alternative.

• Advertisement

Howaya folks Im new to the pokemon forum here but I use boards regulary on the pro wrestling forums (dont laugh you like pokemon). I didn't even know you had a forum for pokemon. I've played pokemon since the beginning and am delighted there's somewhere for my questions to be answered ,hopefully. My first one is about Zoroark. I have the three legendary pokemon needed for it to appear but they're from the old games and nothing happens. Do I need one of them from HG or SS? Google keeps saying 'The Shiny Legendary Pokemon' are these only found on SS and HG?
    I think I might have a few spares (both shiney legendary dogs and Zoruas) floating about if you really want one. Alternatively just wait for a few months and you'll get a free Zoaroark via a WiFi Event.

Banjo wrote: »
    I think I might have a few spares (both shiney legendary dogs and Zoruas) floating about if you really want one. Alternatively just wait for a few months and you'll get a free Zoaroark via a WiFi Event.

Cheers mate but I dont have a wifi connection. I might have to wait and see about one of these meet ups.

Can someone explain how exactly White Forest/Black City syncing works? I've had a look at serebii.net and Bulbapedia's articles on them about visiting other players' White Forest/Black City via the Entralink but I'm fairly confused by it.

Can I only sync with people who are added as friends (and who've added me as well), or can I visit/be visited anyone? I've tried crossing the bridge in the Entralink, but I can't seem to connect to anyone...

It's done on wireless or lan they have to be in the same general area as you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

Here's one I want an answer to:

I was playing the B/W random match up and came against a Heatran and Cresselia. Expecting status fecking-fun, I prepare a Taunt on Cressy. The following happened:

Heatran used Protect
    Thundurus used Taunt
    Cresselia was Taunted
    Cresselia did the item consumed animation, no text
    My other Pokemon did something
    Cresselia used Trick Room
    Trick Room is in effect

I'm like, WTF since when is there an item counter for Taunt??

Can anyone solve this one as I'm scratching my head searching berries and items effects that do this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Here's one I want an answer to:

I was playing the B/W random match up and came against a Heatran and Cresselia. Expecting status fecking-fun, I prepare a Taunt on Cressy. The following happened:

Heatran used Protect
    Thundurus used Taunt
    Cresselia was Taunted
    Cresselia did the item consumed animation, no text
    My other Pokemon did something
    Cresselia used Trick Room
    Trick Room is in effect

I'm like, WTF since when is there an item counter for Taunt??

Can anyone solve this one as I'm scratching my head searching berries and items effects that do this?

Mental Herb: "Removes the effects of infatuation, Taunt, Encore, Torment, Disable and Cursed Body. Consumed after use."

Used to only cure infatuation prior to Gen V.

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Mental Herb: "Removes the effects of infatuation, Taunt, Encore, Torment, Disable and Cursed Body. Consumed after use."

Used to only cure infatuation prior to Gen V.
    That's epic, thank you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Yup. Means alot of people will have to think about how to stop Trick Room more effectively. My two friends told me about that a couple of weeks ago. It's looking like it'll be an interesting tournament. :]

replaying all the old games atm, can gba games save on the ds?? cos the fire red version i picked up on adverts doesn't give me the option to load the game if i save, just keeps restarting

replaying all the old games atm, can gba games save on the ds?? cos the fire red version i picked up on adverts doesn't give me the option to load the game if i save, just keeps restarting
    It could either be a dodgy copy or a legit copy where the internal battery has run dry, if you're feeling brave you could try replacing the battery.

• Advertisement

It could either be a dodgy copy or a legit copy where the internal battery has run dry, if you're feeling brave you could try replacing the battery.
    hmmm no i get nothing saying about the battery. Save file keeps erasing for some reason. Gay as balls.

OK, it's probably not a real question per se, but what the hell is up with the Battle Subway and why is it such a god-damn pain slogging through it to get enough BP for the EV power items?

Even worse is that I swear the Simi monkeys in it are hacked. Even with the natural Speed advantage, a high Speed IV, and max Speed EVs, they still outspeed me every single time...

OK, it's probably not a real question per se, but what the hell is up with the Battle Subway and why is it such a god-damn pain slogging through it to get enough BP for the EV power items?

Even worse is that I swear the Simi monkeys in it are hacked. Even with the natural Speed advantage, a high Speed IV, and max Speed EVs, they still outspeed me every single time...
    I'm pretty sure that after one run of Battle Subway the enemy has Pokemon with 31 IVs. Try using a Quick Claw, it always triggers in the Battle Tower clones :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

I got insanely annoyed at that. Just grabbed a team of 4 pseudos and trashed it, got the two items I wanted, and now I will NEVER GO BACK. EVER.

Alright, so I'm breeding a ton of Archen to try get something decent out of it. Current results so far:

Archen1 - (Calm) Male : 20, 25 / 0 - 24 / 0 - 9 / 20, 25 / 0 - 9 / 0 - 24
    Archen2 - (Jolly) Male : 0 - 28 / 0 - 28 / 29 / 0 - 28 / 10 - 28 / 0 - 28
    Archen3 - (Adamant) Female : 0 - 22 / 0 - 22 / 0 - 9 / 18, 23 / 0 - 9 / 0 - 22
    Archen4 - (Jolly) Male : 0 - 27 / 28 / 0 - 9 / 0 - 27 / 0 - 9 / 0 - 27
    Archen5 - (Naive) Male : 0 - 26 / 0 - 26 / 0 - 9 / 0 - 26 / 27 / 0 - 26
    Archen6 - (Lonely) Female : 29 / 0 - 28 / 10 - 28 / 0 - 28 / 0 - 9 / 0 - 28

Now is the clause from Gen II where you couldn't breed related Pokémon (i.e. brothers and sisters) together still in effect, or can I pick some of the better Pokémon from this bunch and start in-breeding them to get better results? (and also to make eggs quicker than my current Archeops/Ditto combo)

Alright, so I'm breeding a ton of Archen to try get something decent out of it. Current results so far:

Now is the clause from Gen II where you couldn't breed related Pokémon (i.e. brothers and sisters) together still in effect, or can I pick some of the better Pokémon from this bunch and start in-breeding them to get better results? (and also to make eggs quicker than my current Archeops/Ditto combo)
    i definately inbred pignites

In-breeding has been allowed for a while, I've whored out many GTS females to their own sons in the interests of IVs and movesets. It'd be great if successive runs of inbreeding negatively affected your results till after 4-5 generations of doing that all you could produce was semi-sentient jelly. Wait a minute, that would be a Ditto!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

You should totally feed your hatchlings all your candies before you check IV's as it would give you a much more accurate reading. Obviously don't save the game so this can be repeated you know?

popzmaster wrote: »
    You should totally feed your hatchlings all your candies before you check IV's as it would give you a much more accurate reading.

Two battles against a random post-game Pokémon, get them a high enough level to get a better indication. Besides, the early indications really help to figure out whether they have anything 29-31, otherwise they're pretty useless.

• Advertisement

Two battles against a random post-game Pokémon, get them a high enough level to get a better indication. Besides, the early indications really help to figure out whether they have anything 29-31, otherwise they're pretty useless.
    I breed and run to himself in battle subway, if they're not outstanding with at least a perfect they get traded/released

Advertisement