Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA Help? FETAC award QS...

Options
  • 14-06-2010 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hey,

I was wondering if someone could help me out with a small question I have about the Back To Education Allowance.

As far as im aware I should qualify, im 20, gettin jobseekers and out of formal education for two years... (And I'll b days off 21 when I actually start college)

I was just wondering, the course Im doing has a FETAC level 5 award as part of it, so that students can claim the BTEA and such, but Im currently in FAS doing a course that will award a FETAC Level 5 award... (& I already have one from 2years ago too)... One is in Music (from a plc) and this new one will be in I.T.

Im going to be studying Sound engineering, and so will be gettin another FETAC level 5 in that, and then a level 6 the year after.

Im just wondering, will my already having a FETAC level 5 award go against my application for the BTEA?

Any help people can give is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Vinoveritas

NewNo2 wrote: »
    Hey,

I was wondering if someone could help me out with a small question I have about the Back To Education Allowance.

As far as im aware I should qualify, im 20, gettin jobseekers and out of formal education for two years... (And I'll b days off 21 when I actually start college)

I was just wondering, the course Im doing has a FETAC level 5 award as part of it, so that students can claim the BTEA and such, but Im currently in FAS doing a course that will award a FETAC Level 5 award... (& I already have one from 2years ago too)... One is in Music (from a plc) and this new one will be in I.T.

Im going to be studying Sound engineering, and so will be gettin another FETAC level 5 in that, and then a level 6 the year after.

Im just wondering, will my already having a FETAC level 5 award go against my application for the BTEA?

Any help people can give is greatly appreciated!

If you have already received funding for a previous PLC place you cannot be funded at the same level twice. In respect of the FETAC system you are identified through your PPS no. - so all previous FETAC accredited programmes can be checked out very easily!!

Advertisement