Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat injured.

Options
  • 14-06-2010 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

Hi

I wrote her before when i adopted a stray cat, its 2 months on and the kitty is having a poor run of it. We got her neutered and she already was and gave her the normal vaccinations, she is a really placid little cat.

3 days ago she came back with something in her eye, i took her to the vets and he said it would clear itself, which it did. yesterday she came home from a night on the prowl with a limp. I took her to the vets first thing this morning and they have to x-ray her, but do not think its broken, she has a swollen gland behind her rear knee and its very painful. however the vet feels that her other leg is not that strong either and thinks she might have damaged her pelvis or damaged a disc aswell as an inflamed popliteal gland.

Has anyone else had a cat with similar issues. We don't think she was in a fight as she is not a fighter and has no puncture marks, we think she may have fell and landed wrong or been kicked by someone, we don't think she was hit by a car. She is eating normal but only moves when she has too. poor kitty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭salsagal

Just saw your post now. Hope kitty is on the mend. Can't say I've had similar problems per se, but I'd advise getting her to stay in at night, to reduce the risk of her coming across wildlife (foxes etc) or other such potential threats.

Also, from previous experience, acting fast on any change in behaviour or health issue (as you seem to be doing) can save you money & hassle in terms of vet costs.

Best of luck with poor kitty though!!

Advertisement