Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Trailer/Info/Release date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Bulktohulk wrote: »
    I was a huge fan of the 2nd game, so I'm really excited for this. Curious how the multiplayer will pan out.

http://www.glimpsedog.com/content/141-assassin-s-creed-brotherhood-trailer-release-date.html

have the second one to play after i finish gow 3, should be a good one, not crazy on all this pre-booking exclusive costumes and what not though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Whens it out 2011 or 2012?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bulktohulk

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    Whens it out 2011 or 2012?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I still don't consider this a 'proper' sequel as such - I'd imagine AC3 will be 2011 - but after watching that I'm quite excited about the possibilities of multiplayer and co-op play! There's a lot of potential there.

Although I agree with the freeman above - that 'pre-order with Gamestop!' snippet was painful! Wow, a free multiplayer skin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Wasn't all that keen about this , after seeing the trailer though I have a lot more interest. I imagine the multiplayer will be a lot like Splinter Cell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭anna.fun

Can't wait for Gameplay videos of that one. (Really wonder whether I'm going to get it for Xbox or PS, but am not going to decide before I get to see the first screenshots of both)

I'm still not sure about the multiplayer. Even though I really enjoyed Uncharted games I thought the Multiplayer in the second part added little to the game itself. Gameplay differs little from other online console multiplayer matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

I would have been interested in this but the stupidly terrible storyline of the Assassin's Creed franchise is putting me off. I'll have to wait and see if they improve the combat gameplay. They could make a climbing and jumping game and I would buy that as long as I didn't have to listen to stupid Italian accents for the whole thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Can't wait meself. Would like co-op moreso than multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I still don't consider this a 'proper' sequel as such - I'd imagine AC3 will be 2011

Yeah, this seems more like an expansion. Interestingly, the guy leading the guards appears to be Cesare Borgia, Rodrigo's son. Machiavelli wrote him about in The Prince. He was a bit of supervillain!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cesare_Borgia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Really looking forward to this now.....

Apparently the combat system has had an overhaul, but how much remains to be seen of course.

Regardless, i'll definitely be getting this! I'm a sucker for stylish murderers. :v

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭meganj

Caught the ad for it randomly today.

Then found this on the website:

Seemingly if you pre-order from Play.com/Game you can get access to the beta multiplayer, although there's no news when the beta will go live.

I must have it.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭RachPie

Saw it on telly the other day and almost sh*t bricks.

Epic trailer, but will the game live up to it? The last one was an improvement on the first, but not quite what I expected. I'll give it a go anyhow! (On hopefully my shiny new slim 360;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

Definatly a getting in a pizza and few beer game for a night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

RachPie wrote: »
    Saw it on telly the other day and almost sh*t bricks.

Epic trailer, but will the game live up to it? The last one was an improvement on the first, but not quite what I expected. I'll give it a go anyhow! (On hopefully my shiny new slim 360;) )

I think it'll be much like the second, with multiplayer. The strength of the multiplayer will make or break the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

It looks exactly like the second, albeit with some new story and horses inside cities. Still, I can't wait. Loved ACII.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Just playing through the 2nd game at the moment. It's a great improvement over the original which i really enjoyed anyway. This does look like more of the same which isn't a bad thing.

Having played Red Dead Redemption though the horses in this feel all wrong. The idea of Riding the horses through the city with that control scheme doesn't really do anything for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

djkeogh wrote: »
    Having played Red Dead Redemption though the horses in this feel all wrong. The idea of Riding the horses through the city with that control scheme doesn't really do anything for me.

I just finished Red Dead also. I agree, the horses are better. They do seem to get stuck a lot though.

RDR is a brilliant game, but I think ACII is better. (Or I enjoyed it more.)

djkeogh wrote: »
    eightyfish wrote: »
    I just finished Red Dead also. I agree, the horses are better. They do seem to get stuck a lot though.

+1 to both of you there. The Red Dead horses were everything I want assassins creed horses to be, but you can't have everything I just hope they have developed them so it is more realistic.

I wonder though is this one like assassins creed 3 or is it more of a vice city type thing, new game, but not completely new if you get me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Trailer looks really good, I was pretty disappointed with AC1 though. Podcasters from E3 seemed to like it however!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I think its more a Vice City, there seems to be no mention of the 'Modern day' storyline.

Thankfully.

The combat system (from the above clip) seems to be a little more fluid, with the gun and knife entering the fray alongside the sword. I just hope it hasn't enhanced ACII's main weakness - its relative easiness.

I agree with the horses.....good to see them being integrated more, but after Read Dead, they need to be up to scratch.

As a brief aside......throwing axes? More of the same please!

• Advertisement

I think its more a Vice City, there seems to be no mention of the 'Modern day' storyline.

Yeah with the exception of the glimpse of the apple of eden appears to be very little of the story arc.

The combat system (from the above clip) seems to be a little more fluid, with the gun and knife entering the fray alongside the sword. I just hope it hasn't enhanced ACII's main weakness - its relative easiness.

Also simultaneous attacks and more awesome combos..

As a brief aside......throwing axes? More of the same please!

Not to mention jumping onto horses from insane heights.

As another brief aside, penguin as a lurker of the NUIM forum you confused me completely as to where I was posting!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Can't see a more recent thread, so here's the new single player trailers. Looks brilliant.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/single-player-story-assassins-creed/706292

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Limerick3

Anyone know the name of the song used in the new tv ad for this game? Its an electro/dance tune...

Advertisement