Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cup Daily

• 14-06-2010 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Ger Gilroy is hosting an hour long World Cup programme, appropiately named World Cup Daily, on Newstalk everyday from 13:00 to 14:00 presumably until the tournament ends.

Promising start today with Graham Hunter, Gabriele Marcotti and James Richardson on discussing Spain and Italy and Off The Ball's Eoin McDevitt covering the Netherlands-Denmark game.

After Ivan Yates took over the Breakfast gig, Gilroy basically disappeared for a while (with the exception of Friday Night OTB) but he seems to be everywhere now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Isn't there a World Cup match on everyday at that time? Why would you listen to Newstalk discussing a match when you can tune in or hear an actual match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I actually think it is decent tbh, although a half hour would suffice.

I like listening to Graham Hunter, who I think is one of the best pundits around. Gabriele Marcotti and Ken Early's bits are good too.

I'm in work 9-5 so I'll intentionally get out in the car to catch the show at lunchtime.

As for 'why wouldn't you just watch/listen to the match live' - I haven't really found any matches exciting enough to watch all the way through yet, and I do like news roundup type shows, so I guess I'm the perfect demographic :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 historyoflime

Sparrow (Ger?)

Unfortunately, not all of us are lucky enough to be around to watch all the games.

Considering the quality of football that's been on display, however, maybe 'lucky' isn't the right word...

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Derryleigh

Isn't there a World Cup match on everyday at that time? Why would you listen to Newstalk discussing a match when you can tune in or hear an actual match.

I dont have a TV in the car unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Derryleigh wrote: »
    I dont have a TV in the car unfortunately.

If you're on the east coast BBC Radio 5 might be an option :-):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Magpie87

Just bumping this... Heard a promo on this morning supposedly they're going to have Dunphy and Harry Redknapp on their show today !

I've been listening to the podcast and it's great - really good guests and contributors and they add a bit at the top of it that isn't on the live show.

Usually most show podacsts seem to be lazy and just regurigtate what's been recorded on their show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭todolist

Gilroy is excellent on this show.He's intelligent and well informed.By the way Ivan Yates on the breakfast show is turning out to be a real find.Superb stuff.

Advertisement