Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 14-06-2010 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

problem resolved, ignore thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

can you get into the bios

• Registered Users Posts: 7,153 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Have you tried keeping the cable plugged into the onboard socket? There is noramlly a option in the bios to select on board or deidcated graphics iirc

magher wrote: »
    Hi, I can use the onboard VGA only if I pull out the 9800gtx, theres a selection in bios to use onboard VGA if theres no graphics card installed by default.

This is the default setting, meaning if theres a card present it is booted, if not onboard VGA is used
    so try turnning of onboard graphics and try turn on pcie see if that works

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Have you tried the card in another PC? Sounds like its dead... :o

nah i think he means the card

• Advertisement

Try the graphics card in a second PC first, it could be a fault with your mainboard or the PSU! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,153 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

OP how did you sort it?

*refuses to ignore* :P

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭magher

some of the contact pins had flash burns, cleaned with some alcohol and it works, must have overheated from previous user

Advertisement