Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any buses travelling direct to UCD?

Options
  • 14-06-2010 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Hi there

I will need to travel to UCD, Belfield from next week, are there any buses leaving from either Trim, Navan or Dunshaughlin that go direct there? Also would these buses return home directly from UCD or bus aras? I would welcome any information on timetable and costs. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

There is a bus direct to UCD from Ratoath. The Trim and Navan buses only go to city centre and then you have to get a Dublin bus to the campus. Check the bus eireann website for times.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭orlaithd

cue wrote: »
    There is a bus direct to UCD from Ratoath. The Trim and Navan buses only go to city centre and then you have to get a Dublin bus to the campus. Check the bus eireann website for times.

This bolded is wrong the 7.10 from Dunshaughlin (it comes from Kells and stops in Navan too but not sure of times there) goes to UCD. A few others too but not sure on the times of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭annemarie13

Hi OP i live in Dunshaughlin, there is a bus at 7.10 that comes from kells but i found its pretty full by the time its gets to dunshaughlin with only a few seats left and many times it drives by full however it doesnt have a return services from UCD in the evening. However there is a dublin bus that leaves dunboyne at 7.10 and 7.45 that goes to UCD and there is also return services at 4.55 and 5.10 from ucd. i get this now cause its better and cheaper and no getting on and off buses.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Siog-Alainn

Hi OP i live in Dunshaughlin, there is a bus at 7.10 that comes from kells but i found its pretty full by the time its gets to dunshaughlin with only a few seats left and many times it drives by full however it doesnt have a return services from UCD in the evening. However there is a dublin bus that leaves dunboyne at 7.10 and 7.45 that goes to UCD and there is also return services at 4.55 and 5.10 from ucd. i get this now cause its better and cheaper and no getting on and off buses.

The 70x will no longer be running once the changes to Dublin Bus come into force. The new 70 from Dunboyne will go to Leeson Street though, and it should be easy enough to get a 46a/145 into Belfield. It will work out more expensive but if you're going to be using it daily, a €75 30-day rambler ticket works out the same as a one way 70x fare :)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭annemarie13

The 70x will no longer be running once the changes to Dublin Bus come into force. The new 70 from Dunboyne will go to Leeson Street though, and it should be easy enough to get a 46a/145 into Belfield. It will work out more expensive but if you're going to be using it daily, a €75 30-day rambler ticket works out the same as a one way 70x fare :)

Thanks 4 telling me, thats crap i liked not having to switch buses :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement