Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iTunes issues

Options
  • 14-06-2010 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but i cant see where else to post this. Im having some really annoying issues with adding albums to itunes (downloaded albums), they just will not add, i've tried dragging them in, using file/add file to library and file/add folder to library but nothing happens. No errors come up at all, just nothing happens.
    Its happening with quite alot of albums im trying to add, although these albums are in .mp3 format and are not protected. Its really really bugging me now, i've googled the problem and i cant get any real answers on how to fix this :/
    Anyone had this problem before?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 talktalk

you can change your download settings to mp3 files...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

talktalk wrote: »
    you can change your download settings to mp3 files...

there isnt download settings on itunes is there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 talktalk

oh sorry Fracture I miss-understood your question, I thought you meant from music that you had uploaded to your pc, not actual downloaded music. Sorry i cant help.

talktalk wrote: »
    oh sorry Fracture I miss-understood your question, I thought you meant from music that you had uploaded to your pc, not actual downloaded music. Sorry i cant help.

ahh right, cheers :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

I've had a similar problem but only if I add an album to itunes which hasnt been properly tagged. It doesnt show up and when I re-add after correcting the tags it still doesnt show.

• Advertisement

bullpost wrote: »
    I've had a similar problem but only if I add an album to itunes which hasnt been properly tagged. It doesnt show up and when I re-add after correcting the tags it still doesnt show.

yeh its wierd, i tried adding them as seperate songs also but no joy, i also changed the import status to MP3 format but that dosent do a thing either.
    This is really buggin me :/

figured it out, just incase someone comes on this thread some time with similar issues, i just downloaded an MP3 converter and they add to itunes straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

So you had to transcode all your files for iTunes to recognise them? What a pos program.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭maccored

sometimes if mp3 (or any audio file for that matter) is encoded using non standard settings, then itunes can have a problem. For example, it wont take 24bit mixes (well, mine wont anyway).

Advertisement