Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*All* Name change queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Dyaso

hey, wondering if any has any experience with this.

Flights were booked months ago and its only now i have noticed as i have gone to check in. Second name should be Breen, but auto correct must have had its way and changed it to Green!

Its 1 letter and an obviously silly mistake, i know its ryanair...but am i really gonna have to fork out over 100 euro to change a letter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Hi,

I booked my sister's flight with Aer Lingus to the UK in her married name.
    I then got her passport details and realised that her passport is still in her maiden name.

Would I still have to pay the name change fee? I'm hoping there's another solution. :(

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Bring marriage cert, worked for my sister. Or else contact them and ask to change or their policy on this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Should be ok with Aer Lingus. Ryanair can be trickier as we found out ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,954 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Contact the airline before hand. I booked flights for my parents before and booked my mothers shortened name and they had no issue changing for me. I contacted Ryanair through twitter. They sorted it very quickly and issued new boarding passes immediately for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

AL are usually very helpful. Worth a phone call. I change flights a few months ago by a day over the phone with no penalty

I'm sure I would have got reamed if it was Ryanair

• Registered Users Posts: 27 omagh776

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    AL are usually very helpful. Worth a phone call. I change flights a few months ago by a day over the phone with no penalty

I'm sure I would have got reamed if it was Ryanair

Nope, they also would have changed it, no issues for me anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Any other photo ID in the married name she could use instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Hi,

So we have organised a trip for our u11s football side to the UK flying with Ryanair. The booking was done by the club using their records of players in the club, but there are some differences with the names on boarding passes vs the names on passport.

3 issues ;

One adult is booked as Ed but passport name is Edwin
    2 children have been booked as name / surname but passport they have a double barrel surname, for example John Doyle vs John Doyle Blake
    Surname of Treacy is spelled as Tracey on booking.

Does anyone have experience of this ? I can rebook the flights relatively cheap as opposed to paying for name changes, but obviously trying to keep costs down for the team.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

Minor changes for typos and the likes are usually done for free of you ring them as it's not a name change per se.

The Ed/Edwin shouldn't be a problem as airlines will usually go by surname anyway.

The Treacy/Tracey should be a free fix.

The double barrell surname is the only potential hiccup but a call to them should resolve most issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭dollyk

Hi all, have booked flights with ryanair.
    Downloaded the app on my phone,
    and I see my name is coming up the same as my facebook name
    I have my facebook with my single surname and married surname
    I didnt book it with both surnames, but its coming up as both
    Will I have to pay for a name change ?
    Thanks

my passport is just my married surname.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

My passport has my middle name on it but I only ever book with first name and surname and never have issues. Would imagine it would be a similar case here but you could try the live chat on their website or tweet them to be totally sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭dollyk

thank you , I did the live chat, yes its ok, but they changed it for me anyway.
    Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

Ryanair will fix minor issues like that free of charge. Live chat is supposed to be relatively quick or you can contact them via social media

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Smircle

Hi :) Some friends and I are travelling from Dublin to Luton (RyanAir) on Tuesday and we’ve just checked in; however, one friend has entered the expiry date for her passport incorrectly (her passport is still in date, she just input the wrong numbers). This detail isn’t on the boarding pass and as far as I’m aware, all her other info is correct - is this going to be a problem? When they scan it at boarding, will they check that the expiry dates match? Thanks in advance for any replies :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

No. No issue once the passport presented at the gate is valid.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Smircle

CeilingFly wrote: »
    No. No issue once the passport presented at the gate is valid.

That’s great; thanks for such a quick reply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Shakilrahman96

I am after booking a ticket with Aer Lingus under my name "Shakil Rahman", which is my name. However, all my ID state that my full name is "Kazi Shakil Rahman" due to the fact that "Kazi" is a family title that goes in front of my actual name (which is Shakil).

Will I need to request a name change to my tickets? or will this not be any issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,493 ✭✭✭✭ted1

You’ll be grand. I often travel with just my middle name and surname

• Registered Users Posts: 7,871 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

ted1 wrote: »
    You’ll be grand. I often travel with just my middle name and surname
    now that you mention it, so does my wife.

Inside europe not an issue.
    For America, you really need the name and passport to match apparently.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,183 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

To be absolutely sure, I would contact them on twitter or online chat and confirm it will be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

spurious wrote: »
    To be absolutely sure, I would contact them on twitter or online chat and confirm it will be OK.

Yep, while Im 99% confident it will be okay, best to ring the airline and find out now than being left at the gate with a costly expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Ciarajohnstone

So I accidentally booked two flights in my name. Needless to say, on the ticket I have two tickets in my name, date of birth and the same reference number for both tickets. Will I be allowed to get on the plane? I’m booked with Transavia France. Thank you. I’m extremely worried as it is crucial I make this flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭fleet

I should think you'd be fine getting boarded, so long as you're not checked in. Open to correction on this.

Getting a refund of anything but the VAT (less processing fee) may prove tricky unless you've paid for a flexible ticket.
    Do any "distance selling" rules apply to these?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

What was the mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Ciarajohnstone

fleet wrote: »
    I should think you'd be fine getting boarded, so long as you're not checked in. Open to correction on this.

Getting a refund of anything but the VAT (less processing fee) may prove tricky unless you've paid for a flexible ticket.
    Do any "distance selling" rules apply to these?

No unfortunately not. Thank you! I’ve paid a fortune on this flight so was just worried I wouldn’t get on... but you think it’ll be okay if I check in at the airport?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

So I accidentally booked two flights in my name. Needless to say, on the ticket I have two tickets in my name, date of birth and the same reference number for both tickets. Will I be allowed to get on the plane? I’m booked with Transavia France. Thank you. I’m extremely worried as it is crucial I make this flight.
    Call the airline. There's nothing anybody here can do for you that will anywhere near as useful as speaking to the airline

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

As in you were booking for 2 people and have your own name on 2 tickets or only meant to book one ticket

Advertisement