Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*All* Name change queries

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭WicklowTiger

I booked it this morning which is why I was able to change the surname free of charge. When I try to also change the firstname the fee applies. She's flying next week.

I'd take my chances on it. Very unlikely they'll turn her away. It is possible but you'd have to be a cold-hearted individual to refuse someone boarding for a one letter typo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I booked it this morning which is why I was able to change the surname free of charge. When I try to also change the firstname the fee applies. She's flying next week.
    https://www.ryanair.com/sr/en/useful-info/help-centre/faq-overview/Flight-Changes-And-Refunds/Minor-booking-changes-within-24-hours

Names - Minor Corrections

Don’t worry, customers who have booked their flight directly on the Ryanair.com website have a 48 hour grace period from the time of original booking, to correct any minor errors in a name change (i.e. spelling of names) free of charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 alongwaytotipp

Thanks Suckit but as I am changing both the surname and firstname it is not counted as a minor change so the fee applies. I was just interested in the opinion of others on this matter or has anybody an experience. I think it will be fine but then again it is Ryanair..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Thanks Suckit but as I am changing both the surname and firstname it is not counted as a minor change so the fee applies. I was just interested in the opinion of others on this matter or has anybody an experience. I think it will be fine but then again it is Ryanair..

I’d be amazed if they kicked up a fuss over a one letter typo. I’d be willing to bet they’ll be ok... you’d want to be a hell of a prîck of a staff member to cause an issue here.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭appleb

Hi. I checked in for a flight on Monday going from Belfast International to Spain and have just noticed I have put the shortened version of my name on boarding pass while my passport has my full name. That is, Jacqui instead of Jacqueline. Customer service is closed at the moment. Do you think it will be OK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Ring them up during opening hours and ask them to change it. Better than being refused at the gate.
    Typos can be changed free of charge if noticed quick enough.. Though a guy in wicklow, Luke, entered his name as Lukewarm by mistake and ryanair refused to change it for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭appleb

Thanks. I will ring them tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Hey, my wife just checked in for a Ryanair flight (for Friday) and noticed her married name is on the boarding pass. Her maiden name is on the passport though. Anyone know what the story is here? Call Ryanair, explain and they fix (charges apply?)? Bring marriage cert to airport and get it changed at check in desk? Bring marriage cert as proof at gate if asked about it?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

Bacchus wrote: »
    Hey, my wife just checked in for a Ryanair flight (for Friday) and noticed her married name is on the boarding pass. Her maiden name is on the passport though. Anyone know what the story is here? Call Ryanair, explain and they fix (charges apply?)? Bring marriage cert to airport and get it changed at check in desk? Bring marriage cert as proof at gate if asked about it?

Cheers

They won't let you in with the marriage cert. You'll have to get the ticket changed or a new passport.

yenom wrote: »
    They won't let you in with the marriage cert. You'll have to get the ticket changed or a new passport.

Thanks. So what's the best (least costly) option for a ticket change do you think? Phone customer service tomorrow or try at the airport (marriage cert in hand)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

When was the flight booked?

Why was the flight booked in a different name?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Bring marriage cert with you. My uncle had a similar situation, iirc it was all fine as the passport numbers and all those details still matched up.

There can't be a 'Mary Power' and 'Mary Sweeney' travelling with you with identical photos, and passport numbers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Bring marriage cert with you. My uncle had a similar situation, iirc it was all fine as the passport numbers and all those details still matched up.

There can't be a 'Mary Power' and 'Mary Sweeney' travelling with you with identical photos, and passport numbers!

FYI for people who may come across this thread with the same situation... I was able to resolve this through the RyanAir online chat system. Very straightforward. In the first interaction the agent asked me to forward the marriage cert via their contact form. In my second interaction just now, they're unchecking my wife and they will be able to change the name in 2 hours once that is processed. No fees/charges. All very easy. Hopefully no hiccups/surprises in 2 hours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

I booked a flight with Ryanair in my married name before forgetting my passport was still in my maiden name. I got on to them on the online chat, had to send them a copy of the picture page of my passport and my marriage cert and they changed it. They don’t charge for maiden / married name changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

FYI for people who may come across this thread with the same situation... I was able to resolve this through the RyanAir online chat system. Very straightforward. In the first interaction the agent asked me to forward the marriage cert via their contact form. In my second interaction just now, they're unchecking my wife and they will be able to change the name in 2 hours once that is processed. No fees/charges. All very easy. Hopefully no hiccups/surprises in 2 hours :)

Well done

Be interested in the background to this eg time booked as I don't think they usually allow name changes like this, so I think you got a result

Again,well done

• Registered Users Posts: 24,381 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Cheers

Bring the marriage cert for backup but in my experience, it's almost never asked for. It's hardly ever noticed.

Update, my wife was "unchecked" from the flight so I had a look at changing the name myself... €115. I went to the online agent instead and they changed it in about 5 minutes, no charge.
    abarkie wrote: »
    Well done

Be interested in the background to this eg time booked as I don't think they usually allow name changes like this, so I think you got a result

Again,well done

This was booked months ago... some time in September IIRC.

It may just be an exception they have for maiden/married names that they don't charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,381 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

yenom wrote: »

this isn't remotely true :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

abarkie wrote: »
    Well done

Again,well done

They’d don’t charge for married / maiden name changes. The info is on their website though isn’t the easiest to find.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭J_A_F_A

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    They’d don’t charge for married / maiden name changes. The info is on their website though isn’t the easiest to find.

https://www.ryanair.com/us/en/useful-info/help-centre/faq-overview/Flight-Changes-And-Refunds/Incorrect-name-booked-marriage-or-maiden-name

"Don’t worry. If you have booked your flight in your married name but your passport or National ID card shows your maiden name or vice versa, you have a 48 hour grace period from the time of original booking, to correct your booking free of charge.

To correct your booking, within 48 hours of making the booking:

Retrieve your booking, with the booking reference and email address used to make the booking.
    Select "My Booking".
    Here, you will be allowed to make changes to your booking's surname.
    If you are trying to make these changes outside the 24 hour grace period, please contact one of our agents on Live Chat."

J_A_F_A wrote: »
    https://www.ryanair.com/us/en/useful-info/help-centre/faq-overview/Flight-Changes-And-Refunds/Incorrect-name-booked-marriage-or-maiden-name

"Don’t worry. If you have booked your flight in your married name but your passport or National ID card shows your maiden name or vice versa, you have a 48 hour grace period from the time of original booking, to correct your booking free of charge.

To correct your booking, within 48 hours of making the booking:

Retrieve your booking, with the booking reference and email address used to make the booking.
    Select "My Booking".
    Here, you will be allowed to make changes to your booking's surname.
    If you are trying to make these changes outside the 24 hour grace period, please contact one of our agents on Live Chat."

Clear as mud :) In my wife's case, booking was made months ago, she had checked in and the flight was in 36 hours. No problem to change it via Live Chat.

Can't fault the online agents though. Quick, precise and helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭piplip87

Flying out to the states and have realised that the double barrell surname of one of the kids has gone into one word. I'm sure I'll be fine but is it worth getting in touch with Aer Lingus over it or will it be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 47 DuhJerk

I just noticed my surname appears twice on my ryanair ticket e.g. John Murphy Murphy. Anyone think it will be an issue?

Advertisement